Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

After setting up auto bed leveling, printer loses reference to home

Posted by MendingThings 
After setting up auto bed leveling, printer loses reference to home
December 14, 2016 01:33PM
Hi,
I have a Folgertech i3 2020, running a ramps 1.4 and Marlin 1.0.2 firmware. I installed a inductive sensor for bed leveling and went through the setup on that and got the probing working fine. However, when it finishes probing it is at the back of the table and when the print starts, it tries to go off the table. It is like it lost its reference to the home position. I am doing a G28 before the G29 and then doing a m500 to store the values. I was told you shouldn't do a g28 after the probe or you will lose the values so I haven't tried that but I would think that since I am storing them I would be ok. So should I have to do a G28 again after the bed leveling or is something else maybe wrong?
Thanks Mark,
Re: After setting up auto bed leveling, printer loses reference to home
December 14, 2016 05:44PM
Do you still have the X endstop on the right (max) side of the printer as default from Folger? If you do I don't think auto leveling will work properly. Check out
[folgertech.wikia.com] for more information. You may want to update to one of the later Marlin releases.
Re: After setting up auto bed leveling, printer loses reference to home
December 15, 2016 11:49AM
DaveA
Do you still have the X endstop on the right (max) side of the printer as default from Folger? If you do I don't think auto leveling will work properly. Check out
[folgertech.wikia.com] for more information. You may want to update to one of the later Marlin releases.

Thanks DaveA, I loaded RC8 last night and got everything working!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login