Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

LCD X and Y position

Posted by DOYT 
LCD X and Y position
February 19, 2017 03:13PM
Hi,

Do you know how can I disable from Marlin the position of X and Y when it's not printing and also when it's printing? I really don't need them and they just fill the place for nothing on my LCD. Thanks!
Re: LCD X and Y position
February 19, 2017 04:08PM
The whole menu structure is in the ultralcd.cpp file. You can change almost everything and even add your own commands.
February 19, 2017 04:34PM
Ok, thank you for information but I'm not so good on programming. Do you know how can i remove them from info screen? Thanks!
February 20, 2017 03:36AM
Just locate the line(s) and erase it. Make sure you have an untouched copy of the file before you start.
February 20, 2017 04:16AM
i think I'll mark with // all the lines to be easier. And I'll take a pic before modifications.
I have one more problem. During the print when I want to change the filament with change filament function my extruder does not retract the filament. It says directly ,,Insert filament and press button to continue" This only happend for unload lenght over 200mm. I have a bowden tube that has 600mm lenght so.....

Here's my code:

#if ENABLED(FILAMENT_CHANGE_FEATURE)
#define FILAMENT_CHANGE_X_POS 3 // X position of hotend
#define FILAMENT_CHANGE_Y_POS 3 // Y position of hotend
#define FILAMENT_CHANGE_Z_ADD 10 // Z addition of hotend (lift)
#define FILAMENT_CHANGE_XY_FEEDRATE 100 // X and Y axes feedrate in mm/s (also used for delta printers Z axis)
#define FILAMENT_CHANGE_Z_FEEDRATE 5 // Z axis feedrate in mm/s (not used for delta printers)
#define FILAMENT_CHANGE_RETRACT_LENGTH 2 // Initial retract in mm
// It is a short retract used immediately after print interrupt before move to filament exchange position
#define FILAMENT_CHANGE_RETRACT_FEEDRATE 60 // Initial retract feedrate in mm/s
#define FILAMENT_CHANGE_UNLOAD_LENGTH 300 // Unload filament length from hotend in mm
// Longer length for bowden printers to unload filament from whole bowden tube,
// shorter lenght for printers without bowden to unload filament from extruder only,
// 0 to disable unloading for manual unloading
#define FILAMENT_CHANGE_UNLOAD_FEEDRATE 100 // Unload filament feedrate in mm/s - filament unloading can be fast
#define FILAMENT_CHANGE_LOAD_LENGTH 300 // Load filament length over hotend in mm
// Longer length for bowden printers to fast load filament into whole bowden tube over the hotend,
// Short or zero length for printers without bowden where loading is not used
#define FILAMENT_CHANGE_LOAD_FEEDRATE 100 // Load filament feedrate in mm/s - filament loading into the bowden tube can be fast
#define FILAMENT_CHANGE_EXTRUDE_LENGTH 50 // Extrude filament length in mm after filament is load over the hotend,
// 0 to disable for manual extrusion
// Filament can be extruded repeatedly from the filament exchange menu to fill the hotend,
// or until outcoming filament color is not clear for filament color change
#define FILAMENT_CHANGE_EXTRUDE_FEEDRATE 3 // Extrude filament feedrate in mm/s - must be slower than load feedrate
#endif

As you can see now I have 300mm and it does not work. If I replace 300 with 200 everything is perfect. What could be the problem?
February 20, 2017 06:35AM
In config.h
// This option prevents a single extrusion longer than EXTRUDE_MAXLENGTH.
// Note that for Bowden Extruders a too-small value here may prevent loading.
#define PREVENT_LENGTHY_EXTRUDE
#define EXTRUDE_MAXLENGTH 200
February 20, 2017 05:23PM
Yes, you're right Sir. But from what I can see, there is also a prevent for feedrate unloading and loading filament. Because it does not let me unload/load with 1000 mm/s. And I can't locate this prevent.
February 20, 2017 05:35PM
1000 mm/sec? Almost 40 inches per second? What kind of printer are we talking about?
February 20, 2017 06:32PM
Here it sais : #define FILAMENT_CHANGE_UNLOAD_FEEDRATE 100 // Unload filament feedrate in mm/s - filament unloading can be fast
I want to be fast smiling smiley) it was a joke tongue sticking out smiley Can I also put somehow Function Load and Unload filament into Info screen menu? I'm thinking to go to ultralcd.cpp and copy load and unload functions from there, witch are in Tune menu and paste them also In Info Menu Page. Because I want this functions also when I'm not printing.
March 12, 2017 11:15AM
I still didn't found the X and Y lines in ultralcd.cpp. I want to erase the X and Y position from my LCD both when it's printing and when it's not. Do somebody knows where are these lines? Thanks!
March 12, 2017 01:24PM
Look for the function lcd_implementation_status_screen() which you find either in dogm_lcd_implementation.h for graphic controllers:
  lcd_print('X');
  u8g.drawPixel(8,XYZ_BASELINE - 5);
  u8g.drawPixel(8,XYZ_BASELINE - 3);
  u8g.setPrintPos(10,XYZ_BASELINE);
  lcd_print(ftostr31ns(current_position[X_AXIS]));
  u8g.setPrintPos(43,XYZ_BASELINE);
  lcd_print('Y');
  u8g.drawPixel(49,XYZ_BASELINE - 5);
  u8g.drawPixel(49,XYZ_BASELINE - 3);
  u8g.setPrintPos(51,XYZ_BASELINE);
  lcd_print(ftostr31ns(current_position[Y_AXIS]));
  u8g.setPrintPos(83,XYZ_BASELINE);

or ultralcd_implementation_hitachi_HD44780.h for character based controllers:
        lcd.setCursor(0,1);
        lcd.print('X');
        lcd.print(ftostr3(current_position[X_AXIS]));
        lcd_printPGM(PSTR("  Y"));
        lcd.print(ftostr3(current_position[Y_AXIS]));

Note that I'm not using the newest version of Marlin, but probably that should not have changed too much...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login