Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Stewart Platform

Posted by tgit23 
Stewart Platform
February 28, 2017 06:27AM
Does or is there any Marlin (or other) open source firmware that supports a 6-axis Stewart platform for 3d printing and/or milling?
Re: Stewart Platform
February 28, 2017 09:33PM
Marlin is currently 4 axis. We may need to expand that to handle multiple filament extruders...
February 28, 2017 10:02PM
For the time being I suppose I can just tie adjoining motors together and run the design as a delta.

Many thanks for your response Roxy. You've been most helpful and appreciated by myself as I'm sure to many and thank you for all your work and dedication to this project. I'm sure it means a lot to everyone involved smiling smiley.

Perhaps I can return some of this debt after making the idea a physical unit and preform some testing or even help with development as my education grows on the subject.

Thanks again smiling smiley !
March 01, 2017 08:27PM
tgit23
Perhaps I can return some of this debt after making the idea a physical unit and preform some testing or even help with development as my education grows on the subject.

If you make multiple units... And they are some what standard (like a J-head design)... You know where to send one to get extra firmware written for it!
March 01, 2017 10:10PM
I'm not sure you'll want what I'll be working on. It'll be a cheaper unit than the 101hero smiling smiley

I'm thinking of doing the same thing as this project I'm currently working on at [github.com] (Cartesian fully printable)
But putting it into a stewart platform as discussed here @ [forums.reprap.org]

The thinking is to have a solid head on the top and a dangling stewart platform (bed); Although I guess it would be pretty easy to switch the bed with the head.
The benefit of this of course a tilting bed.

As far as multiple extruders was the idea to tilt the head per extruder? Or would it be simpler to put the say 3 V-pointed extrudes on an angled rotating disc?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login