Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

marlin 1.1.0 rc7 and inductor sensor 12vdc

Posted by magnetos 
marlin 1.1.0 rc7 and inductor sensor 12vdc
May 09, 2017 07:00PM
hello , i just finished my 3d printer MPCNC version and since i have a large hot bed i need it a sensor to auto level the platform. well i can't figure out what i am doing wrong with Marlin firmware. try different version with same problem. i use repetier-host and on command M119 i see :
probe plug it to S+ of Z_min
x_min y_min Triggered at home position
z_min triggered
z probe open , i try to manualy trigger the probe led turn on but the repetier-host say still open ??? so if i try to send home the hot-end will crash on the platform bed.
i also now i get an error A probe needs a pin (Z_min_probe_uses_Z_min_endstop_pin || has_Z_probe
i will add the config.h
thank you for all the help

/============================== Endstop Settings ===========================
//===========================================================================

// @section homing

// Specify here all the endstop connectors that are connected to any endstop or probe.
// Almost all printers will be using one per axis. Probes will use one or more of the
// extra connectors. Leave undefined any used for non-endstop and non-probe purposes.
#define USE_XMIN_PLUG
#define USE_YMIN_PLUG
#define USE_ZMIN_PLUG
//#define USE_XMAX_PLUG
//#define USE_YMAX_PLUG
//#define USE_ZMAX_PLUG

// coarse Endstop Settings
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUPS // Comment this out (using // at the start of the line) to disable the endstop pullup resistors

#if DISABLED(ENDSTOPPULLUPS)
// fine endstop settings: Individual pullups. will be ignored if ENDSTOPPULLUPS is defined
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMAX
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMAX
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMAX
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMIN
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMIN
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMIN
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMIN_PROBE
#endif

// Mechanical endstop with COM to ground and NC to Signal uses "false" here (most common setup).
#define X_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Y_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define X_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Y_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Z_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Z_MIN_PROBE_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.

//============================= Z Probe Options =============================

//
// Probe Type
// Probes are sensors/switches that are activated / deactivated before/after use.
//
// Allen Key Probes, Servo Probes, Z-Sled Probes, FIX_MOUNTED_PROBE, etc.
// You must activate one of these to use AUTO_BED_LEVELING_FEATURE below.
//
// Use M851 to set the Z probe vertical offset from the nozzle. Store with M500.
//

// A Fix-Mounted Probe either doesn't deploy or needs manual deployment.
// For example an inductive probe, or a setup that uses the nozzle to probe.
// An inductive probe must be deactivated to go below
// its trigger-point if hardware endstops are active.
#define FIX_MOUNTED_PROBE

// Enable Z_MIN_PROBE_USES_Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_PIN to use the Z_MIN_PIN for your Z_MIN_PROBE.
// The Z_MIN_PIN will then be used for both Z-homing and probing.
#define Z_MIN_PROBE_USES_Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_PIN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2017 07:04PM by magnetos.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (43 KB)
Re: marlin 1.1.0 rc7 and inductor sensor 12vdc
May 10, 2017 07:43AM
Need a bit more info pls
what controller board ?
what probe ?
how is the probe connected ?

looking at your endstop settings above, you have all endstop pullup resistors disabled ?
May 10, 2017 02:30PM
hi Obewan, sorry i forgot , its a ramps1.4 i use pololu 8825 driver and inductive sensor its a LJ12A3-4-Z/BX 6-36v NPN , use two resistor to 10k 20k to lower voltage to 5v signal from sensor connected to the z_min (S+) of the Ramps1.4
sensor works when i get a peace metal close and voltage change from low to high 5v.
do i need to turn all on the pullup resistor ??

[drive.google.com] the green wire to the Z-min its from the probe
[drive.google.com]

finally got internet service, all mooring out-order till now
May 10, 2017 03:06PM
Your connections look good and using the resistor devider,you dont need the Z endstop resistor enabled but you will need to enable the X and Y min endstop pullups.

when i get a peace metal close and voltage change from low to high 5v

This is acting as a NC probe, so try setting
#define Z_MIN_PROBE_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false
May 10, 2017 05:16PM
ok, sorry for the mix up firmware with rc5 to rc 7, i post the wrong version of config.

the lcd screen its went blank, light up, wont show anything , i can move the axis with repetier-host, i press home-z and ther axis goes up and then down but it won't stop when i trigger with a metal plate to stop it.
The Arduino Mega256 board got bad or over heat ??? will test l8r , need to take apart to test voltage regulator on board.
i attach the right version of configuration.h version rc7

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2017 05:18PM by magnetos.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (51.8 KB)
May 11, 2017 05:53PM
ok , i am back on. lcd works. i setup the wrong board on config.h i setup ramp_14EFB , i also setup the pin z_probe_pin to 18 pin18 its the z_min_pin do i need to disable the z_min_pin or not.

the z axis works when i press home but if i hit home all axis the X Y axis reset to 0 and then moves to center plate and z axis goes down with out stopping.
one more thing after the 2 and 3 time i try to home z now it wont stop anymore but the probe light its on when i get a metal close. i am lost whats wrong ???
May 12, 2017 01:22PM
ok, update firmware to 1.1.0.1 and works it. i try the old version rc 5 and rc 7 and work too. here my mistake i did.
my sensor its npn no 6v-36v and a ramps 1.4 board.
first mix up firmware board from 13efb to 14efb
powering the sensor with a separate power supply.
i use a 1n4001 diode to send signal to the arduino, the resistor didn't not work , i use the wrong K-hom my reading was 3.9v high to 0 low
what i changed on the firmware: this its firmware 1.1.0.1 below

//============================== Endstop Settings ===========================

// @section homing

// Specify here all the endstop connectors that are connected to any endstop or probe.
// Almost all printers will be using one per axis. Probes will use one or more of the
// extra connectors. Leave undefined any used for non-endstop and non-probe purposes.
#define USE_XMIN_PLUG
#define USE_YMIN_PLUG
#define USE_ZMIN_PLUG
//#define USE_XMAX_PLUG
//#define USE_YMAX_PLUG
//#define USE_ZMAX_PLUG

// coarse Endstop Settings
#define ENDSTOPPULLUPS // Comment this out (using // at the start of the line) to disable the endstop pullup resistors

#if DISABLED(ENDSTOPPULLUPS)
// fine endstop settings: Individual pullups. will be ignored if ENDSTOPPULLUPS is defined
// #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMAX
// #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMAX
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMAX
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMIN
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMIN
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMIN
// #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMIN_PROBE
#endif

// Mechanical endstop with COM to ground and NC to Signal uses "false" here (most common setup).
#define X_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Y_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define X_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Y_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Z_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Z_MIN_PROBE_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true // set to true to invert the logic of the probe.

// Enable this feature if all enabled endstop pins are interrupt-capable.
// This will remove the need to poll the interrupt pins, saving many CPU cycles.
//#define ENDSTOP_INTERRUPTS_FEATURE
#define Z_MIN_PROBE_USES_Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_PIN // i changed the pin of z_min_probe in pins_RAMPS.H . from 32 to 18 18 its z_min_pin
#define FIX_MOUNTED_PROBE

show pins_RAMPS.H

// Limit Switches
//
#define X_MIN_PIN 3
#ifndef X_MAX_PIN
#define X_MAX_PIN 2
#endif
#define Y_MIN_PIN 14
#define Y_MAX_PIN 15
#define Z_MIN_PIN 18
#define Z_MAX_PIN 19

// Z Probe (when not Z_MIN_PIN)
//
#ifndef Z_MIN_PROBE_PIN
#define Z_MIN_PROBE_PIN 32 // change this- from 32 to 18
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login