Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Auto bed leveling, now what

Posted by magnetos 
Auto bed leveling, now what
May 31, 2017 08:36AM
Hi, I finally installed auto inductive sensor 4mm or 8mm , can't remember now.

We'll now what, how do make my 3d printer do a auto leveI before print somenthing, how do adjust the nozzle if it's to close or to high after the auto level??

One thing on the new firmware, I try it the manual level mode , I was able to setup the nozzle , around the bed but like I ask above don't know how to save it or how to use it for a print job, some help please.

I use Cura 15. 3d slicing and repetier-host.
Marlin firmware 1.1
Re: Auto bed leveling, now what
June 01, 2017 01:49PM
The first step is to get your Z-Probe_offset_from_extruder set exactly correct.... That is very important.

Once that is set correctly and you can print a small calibration cube (with no bed leveling enabled) in the center of your bed...

At that point you are ready to decide which bed leveling system you want to use.
June 01, 2017 07:35PM
Hi, as right now I have the sensor set to autolevel.
What now , I already set the sensor offset in the Marlin firmware. The g code to auto level is g29. Now after autolevel, how do adjust the z axis if the extruder is not close enough. What code do I add at beginning and at end of a gcode???
June 01, 2017 09:06PM
You dont adjust the code for offset. You do it in the firmware.
You said you set the offset already in the firmware? If its too high then your offset is not correct. Adjust and try again.
June 01, 2017 10:45PM
hold on , i am lost . i set the distance from the extruder to the sensor x and y. where i am looking at for the z offset in the config.h ??
BTW :thank you for the help.
June 01, 2017 11:09PM
You want to adjust Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER such that it will print a small calibration cube (in the center of the bed) with no auto bed leveling active.

If you can do that, you are ready to start bringing up the auto bed leveling system.

If you make changes to your Configuration.h file to adjust Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER you also need to do a M502 and 500 to move those settings to EEPROM every time you update the firmware.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login