Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin and Full Graphics Smart Controller

Posted by Impruve 
Marlin and Full Graphics Smart Controller
August 23, 2017 12:00PM
Hello guys, i've installed a RepRap Full Graphics Smart Controller on my i3 Hephestos but im having a bit of an issue with it.

Everything works but the screen (after a few minutes, sometimes seconds after turning the printer ON) gets dislodged...

I will leave a picture so you guys can check it out.

Any ideas?

Im using the Marlin Version 1.0.2-1 and Library u8glib 1.19.

Thanks!!
Re: Marlin and Full Graphics Smart Controller
August 23, 2017 02:44PM
There have been a lot of LCD changes since v1.0.2 It would be helpful if you brought up the current version at: [github.com]

But with that said... There have been some number of faulty LCD display sold over the last year. We have had a number of issues posted with similar problems.
Some of them turned out to be fixed by running the wires further away from other electrically noisy wires. And some of them were bad LCD Panels.
August 23, 2017 02:56PM
Roxy
There have been a lot of LCD changes since v1.0.2 It would be helpful if you brought up the current version at: [github.com]

But with that said... There have been some number of faulty LCD display sold over the last year. We have had a number of issues posted with similar problems.
Some of them turned out to be fixed by running the wires further away from other electrically noisy wires. And some of them were bad LCD Panels.

Hi Roxy, thanks for the reply.

I just tested with firmware 1.1.0-RC8 and the same problem occurs! Should i try 1.1.4?

Maybe i should try a new LCD?
August 24, 2017 06:03PM
First check your wires and make sure they are not running for long distances next to high current wires. You may even want to isolate the LCD Panel's wires just to test for electrical interference by removing the LCD Panel from the machine and getting every thing connected to it away from other wires.

And if that doesn't resolve the problem, you may want to spend $10 and get a new LCD Panel. There have been a noticeable number of complaints about faulty graphical LCD Panels lately.
August 25, 2017 05:41PM
Roxy
First check your wires and make sure they are not running for long distances next to high current wires. You may even want to isolate the LCD Panel's wires just to test for electrical interference by removing the LCD Panel from the machine and getting every thing connected to it away from other wires.

And if that doesn't resolve the problem, you may want to spend $10 and get a new LCD Panel. There have been a noticeable number of complaints about faulty graphical LCD Panels lately.

I've tried all that and wouldnt work.

I got another one and the same result, tried it on another ramps and same deal.

Got a third one and its been working great. So the problem is definitely with the LCDs. A curious thing about it... this last one that is working came with a "QC passed" sticker, the others didnt.

Thanks for the help.
August 26, 2017 12:39AM
QC stickers are on everything from china.. none of it has had any checking...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login