Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BLTouch & Delta Issue

Posted by DaveA 
BLTouch & Delta Issue
August 24, 2017 05:24PM
I'm just building an Anycubic Kossel plus and have added a BLTouch Smart probe. I'm running on a very late snapshot of bugfix-1.1.x.
I've got got an issue in that when doing an delta auto calibration the BLTouch probe will run off the build plate. I noticed that doing a G33 P1 to get the height the nozzle remains in the center of the build plate rather that the probe.
I assumed that like my Folgertech 2020 that the probe would be at the center. In the 2020 printer the defines X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER, Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER will position the probe at the center of the X & Y axis.

Anyone know if a delta printer should work the same way? I've put in some outrageous values for the probe offsets and nothing seems to change the probe position during a G33.

I got a delta for a challenge. It's working.
Re: BLTouch & Delta Issue
August 25, 2017 03:59PM
have a look in configuration_adv.h and make sure 'safe homing' is enabled
August 25, 2017 06:19PM
I have Z_SAFE_HOMING defined in configuration.h. I don't see any reference to safe homing in configuration_adv.h. Is this the setting?
August 26, 2017 08:42AM
Yes sry, thats the one i meant, but seems that is not your problem tho.
March 01, 2024 11:11AM
I have the same trouble with my delta printer. Looks like BLTOUCH is not well implemented in Marlin. I´ve removed it from the printer. It works only on a cartesian printers.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login