Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1.1.8 can not travel past XY 0

Posted by GITRDUN 
1.1.8 can not travel past XY 0
January 12, 2018 08:32PM
I am trying to get 1.1.8 tuned in but its been one struggle after another. Spent many hours today on this problem and cant seem to get past it. My setup is AtMega2560 in a Folgertech Cloner machine. It homes at the back right which is X0Y0. The Z probe is mounted in front of and to the left of the extruder in the positive direction on X and Y.

I can not get the machine to travel to a negative position. Anything positive works fine, but will not go past 0 no matter what. Everything will work fine until i add in the values for the X and Y probe offset from extruder. After that it homes and the position after homing reads X-40. and Y -48. . I can then move the extruder to XY0 but can not move it back in the negative direction. It would run fine from there but i will lose a lot of useable print area.

My configuration.h file is attached.

Any help is apreciated.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (64.8 KB)
open | download - Configuration_adv.h (63.4 KB)
Re: 1.1.8 can not travel past XY 0
January 13, 2018 03:29AM
Not a developer but can you move your limit switches to coincide with the position you want???

if not I ran into a similar thing while trying to zero my z height. Im sure there is a better/safer method but I temporarily commented out #Define _Min_Pos. if this works, i would guess there is some "offset" setups that would allow you to get your extruder where you need it with the #Min_Pos set to a safe protection value...

K

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2018 03:30AM by Key0nee.
January 13, 2018 08:46AM
I tried commenting out the minimum position limits and it still would not travel past 0.
January 13, 2018 09:31PM
why are you trying to move past 0, that should be the edge of your printable area

take a picture of your machine, where are you endstops in relation to 0,0

you have very big offsets in the homing position ie
// Travel limits (mm) after homing, corresponding to endstop positions.
#define X_MIN_POS -40
#define Y_MIN_POS -48

If you really must do this...

see

/**
* Software Endstops
* - Prevent moves outside the set machine bounds.
* - Individual axes can be disabled, if desired.
* - X and Y only apply to Cartesian robots.
* - Use 'M211' to set software endstops on/off or report current state
*/

// Min software endstops curtail movement below minimum coordinate bounds
#define MIN_SOFTWARE_ENDSTOPS
#if ENABLED(MIN_SOFTWARE_ENDSTOPS)
#define MIN_SOFTWARE_ENDSTOP_X
#define MIN_SOFTWARE_ENDSTOP_Y
#define MIN_SOFTWARE_ENDSTOP_Z
#endif

either comment out #define MIN_SOFTWARE_ENDSTOPS or the individual MIN_SOFTWARE_ENDSTOP
January 13, 2018 10:39PM
Home position switches are to the back right, also X0 Y0 are back right. The Z probe is in front and to the left of the nozzle on the opposite side as the home position limit switches. The travel limits after homing are the offset from the nozzle to the probe in X and Y. When it homes and runs the bed leveling procedure the XY0 is shifted away from the limit switches by the amount of the probe offset. This shortens my useable print area by a lot. If i set the MIN positions to 0 instead of the probe offset distances i get an error when compiling. This is the only way i can get everything to jive where it will compile correctly without fudging numbers. I can set the probe offsets to 0 and set the MIN positions to 0 and everything will then work prefect. However the probe offset will not be accounted for which means the results of the bed mesh will be incorrect.

There has to be a better way to do this. Maybe im just not getting it, i dont know but i cant be the first one to have this trouble.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2018 10:41PM by GITRDUN.
January 13, 2018 11:30PM
" If i set the MIN positions to 0 instead of the probe offset distances i get an error when compiling."

and this is where you are going wrong...

Set the min positions correctly.

what is the error?

you need another way to fix it.

I suspect

// Set the boundaries for probing (where the probe can reach).
#define LEFT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 0 <--- you cant get to zero!!! as you run out of bed.. try 40
#define RIGHT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 200
#define FRONT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 0 <--- you cant get to zero.... try 48
#define BACK_PROBE_BED_POSITION 100
January 14, 2018 10:21AM
Sometimes you cant see the forest through the trees i guess. That was it. I swear i had tried that about 5 times before to no avail. Must have had something else wrong at the time. Anyways that got me going. I appreciate the help.

Have one other question maybe you can explain. When it runs the bed leveling procedure now the first probe in X and Y is at 0,0 on the display which is home position. Thats all fine. Except the nozzle is located at 0,0 , the probe is located at X40. Y48. when it probes. So is the software considering the first probe point to be 0,0 or is it considered to be X40 Y48 but only displaying the nozzles position?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2018 10:23AM by GITRDUN.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login