Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cannot upload Tronxy X3A Firmware but repetiermoody smiley

Posted by Tunderprint1000 
Cannot upload Tronxy X3A Firmware but repetiermoody smiley
March 04, 2018 11:40AM
Hi,

hopefully someone can help, my Tronxy X3A drives me nuts!

I had the strange display distortion like others have and the Hotend ist just crap so I want to replace it with a E 3D V6

To do so I decided to update the tronxy firmware to be re flash maybe solving the display problem and modify the PIDs for the new hotend.

but, as I found out this is not possible to do so without flashing the boot loader first!

Bought the desiered hardware and done, flashed the boot loader via usbasp!

Followed the procedure exactly done every thing like in common descriptions on the web, set the Pin to internal usb power, pushed the reset button and burned the bootloader!!
No problem occurred!

after burning the boot loader and switching off /on again the old firmware was gone as expected so, I tried to install now the firmware again

But, AND THATS MY PROBLEM NOW: still, after that, I cannot upload the standard firmware on my Tronxy X3A (Melzi 2.0V5) successfully,
at the end the verification error is displayed:

avrdude: verifying ...
avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x1f000
0x07 != 0x0c
avrdude: verification error; content mismatch
avrdude: Send: Q [51] [20]
avrdude: Recv: . [14]
avrdude: Recv: . [10]

avrdude done.

I am using IDE1.0.6 and downloaded the firmware from github as this seems to be original to "X3A_8"

[github.com]

Included is a set of firmware to the X3A_8 and a second set of Repetier but only for an X3_8

now the funny part:

"I can" load the repetier firmware without any problem to the printer

so "firmware update" is working but not with the included right set for X3A_8!!

Second Try : Found another way with a appropriate xex file and direct avr programmer.
So this was definitely a different version of the code but same error at the end burning the firmware!!!

So what can be wrong with the system or board ?
Could it be that the code from the repetier set is ??? smaller so it does not burn a certain memory at the end?

Tried already with different Notebook and USB cables

I have no idea anymore !?
Has anybody had the same experience, the same errors ? or any idea what could cause this problem

May be the memory is corrupted somehow

Thanks for any help in advance

Ke

PS the repetier firmware does strange things:

the x-axis does only run to the right, never to the left no matter what endstops I define or invert the axis + endstop never works! or manual input
Re: Cannot upload Tronxy X3A Firmware but repetiermoody smiley
March 04, 2018 08:05PM
When you uploaded the firmware, what fuse values did you set?

The reason I ask is that it enables/disabled certain pin features. For Eg JTAG. If your board Is using the JTAG pins as standard IO pins and you have not disabled JTAG in FUSE settings then they will not work as standard IO pins..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2018 03:58AM by Dust.
March 06, 2018 03:55PM
Hello Dust
Thank you for you answer.

I am not sure what you mean by fuses and how to disable them. On the board melzi 2.0V5 there is only the jumper for usb internal power a reset button and the 6 pin SPi programming interface.
I use an usbasb with a 10 to 6 bin connector everything was triple checked to have the right connection

This is exactly the board I have in my tronxy:
[alexnld.com]
Attachments:
open | download - 2018-03-06 21_51_35-2018-03-06 21_47_21-IMG_20180306_213757.jpg ‎- Fotos.png ‎- Fotos.jpg (57.4 KB)
open | download - 2018-03-06 21_52_22-.jpg (41.7 KB)
open | download - 2018-03-06 21_53_03-2018-03-06 21_51_55-2018-03-06 21_47_44-IMG_20180306_213946.jpg ‎- Fotos.png ‎- .jpg (16.8 KB)
March 09, 2018 02:08AM
no more ideas ?
May 14, 2018 05:35PM
this is insane
ordered a new melzi board to check if the board was faulty

assembled the new one and could upload 3 times the X3a Firmware with different parameters
No I have assembled an e3dV6 and wanted to just change the Thremistor
and guess what no upload any more
Have done the same procedure with the Usbasp installed the bootloader and voila
cannot upload again on the next board the X3a firmware with the same error above.
Repetier X3 works but this is not the deal vor me because I have an x3A
What the hack can be the cause that the firmware does not upload with the verification error
It did definitly 3 times but after installing the bootloader it does not work anymore

Would really appreciate help if there is anybody that has fixed the same problem
Thanks in advance
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login