Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Only some endstops function

Posted by ricknsharon 
Only some endstops function
March 21, 2018 06:54PM
I've had an AirWolf HD2 for over three years and last year I upgraded it to E3DV6 Volcano hotends with thermocouples. I made the required changes to the firmware for the AD595 thermocouple board and that has been working great. So now I want to add the BL Touch probe for automatic bed leveling. I've mounted the probe, wired it the motherboard and the self test works good.

The original version was 1.0.6 which did not have the code for the BL Touch so I updated the Arduino to 1.8.5 and Marlin Ver 1.1.8. The Motherboard is a Rambo 1.3L so I uploaded the Arduino 1.6.4+ Board Manager Plugin from [raw.githubusercontent.com] and followed the instructions at [reprap.org].

I went thru the Configuration.h sketch and made the changes to fit my printer and checked the pin assignments in pins_RAMBO.h. Since I'm using thermocouples with the AD595 I entered #define TEMP_SENSOR_0 -1 and #define TEMP_SENSOR_1 -1, which was the same as the old program. I also changed the #Define Motherboard from 301 to Board_Rambo as called out in the Rambo Firmware instructions.

When I uploaded the new program all seemed OK with these exceptions. The Temperature for Temp0 and Temp1 read about 470ÂșC, (Bed reads correct but that still has the thermistor) and only the X- and Y- endstops are working. When I use M119 it only shows three endstops, and the X and the Y show triggered when I press them. The Z never triggers. All the steppers seem to operate fine.

I can only assume that there has been some other changes that is affecting the pin assignments. I have spent over 20 hours researching this problem and I've run out of hair (wasn't much left anyway). I'm rusty with my programming skills, I did a fair amount of in back in the early 80's (DOS 2.1) but not much since the mid 90's. I would surely appreciate any help with this. I attached the files were I think the problem lays. I will be happy to send other files and answer more questions.

One thing that puzzles me, I follow the program logic in Config.h for #define Motherboard BOARD_RAMBO, but the only other place I find that used is in Boards.h at #Define BOARD_RAMBO 301. The old program identified the board as 301 but from what I read I now have to define it as RAMBO. So from what I see, it never uses the pins_RAMBO.h sketch.

Rick
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (64.8 KB)
open | download - pins_RAMBO.h (5.9 KB)
open | download - Configuration_adv.h (63.4 KB)
open | download - pins.h (19 KB)
open | download - boards.h (7.1 KB)
Re: Only some endstops function
March 22, 2018 10:48AM
Ok, so 20 hrs of troubleshooting wasn't long enough, after a few more hours I found one of my problems, I had to uncomment the #define USE_XMAX_PLUG, #define USE_YMAX_PLUG, #define USE_ZMAX_PLUG. That solved the + endstop problem. That was something new in the updated version of marlin and I missed that.

Now I need to solve why the temp0 and temp1 is not reading correctly. Can anybody lend any help with that?
Re: Only some endstops function
March 22, 2018 12:09PM
I'll close this thread since the endstop problem was solved. I created a new thread for the temp reading problem.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login