Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homing issue CoreXY marlin 1.1.8

Posted by Mendel90 
Homing issue CoreXY marlin 1.1.8
April 18, 2018 01:13PM
Hi,

I decided to upgrade my firmware to marlin 1.1.8 but when I try to home Y, I do not get what is expected.
The Z will move a little and then stop, the X will home and then the Y carriage will bump in the endstop but the Y-motor keeps spinning, then the carriage will re-bump again against the endstop and the Y-motor will stop.

The printer works perfect with 1.1.0 RC8!

Why does the Y-motor not stop turning when the Y-endstop is hit the first time and why is X homing and Z moving?
Home X and Home Z individually work like they should. Each axis is homed individually.

There is no problem with endstops or the directions in wich they move to make this clear.

Creality CR10/X Dual color/material
Creality CR10S
Ender3 Pro
Photon
Mendel90 (decommissioned)
Mamorubot Jupiter CoreXY
Re: Homing issue CoreXY marlin 1.1.8
April 18, 2018 08:39PM
My Suggestion

Followed you here from "Homing issue"

Mendel90
// Mechanical endstop with COM to ground and NC to Signal uses "false" here (most common setup).
#define X_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Y_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define X_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Y_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Z_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Z_MIN_PROBE_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the probe.

#define Z_MIN_PROBE_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true // set to same logic as "Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING".

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2018 08:44PM by Roberts_Clif.
April 19, 2018 12:17PM
1 step in the good direction.After changing #define Z_MIN_PROBE_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true, Z is not moving anymore when I push Home X.
This leaves X homing during Y Home and Y homing in with the steppers still turningn after the Y endstop is hit the first time.

Creality CR10S
Ender3 Pro
Photon
Mamorubot Jupiter CoreXY
April 19, 2018 12:27PM
After the Y endstop is hit, then the X starts to home interfering with the re-bump of the Y.
No idea why the X wants to Home when I push Home Y.

Some setting in marlin 1.1.8 I don't know about probably.
Any ideas?

Creality CR10S
Ender3 Pro
Photon
Mamorubot Jupiter CoreXY
April 20, 2018 01:11AM
Sounds like "menu choices" for the LCD panel are not correct configured.

The model of your panel?

(there is al lot that have changed in configuration.h between 1.1.0 and 1.1.8)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2018 01:15AM by alvess.
April 23, 2018 12:17PM
Hi, sorry for the late reply.
The model is a reprap_discount_smart_controller.

I found: #define INDIVIDUAL_AXIS_HOMING_MENU but it is not configurable in configuration.h
The question is in wich file can I configure the individual homing sequences?

Creality CR10S
Ender3 Pro
Photon
Mamorubot Jupiter CoreXY
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login