Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Issue with auto bed levelling

Posted by Gunnir 
Issue with auto bed levelling
May 03, 2018 08:47PM
Hey guys,

Having some trouble setting up the auto bed levelling feature with a delta and an inductive proximity probe. Homing with G28 works fine, and the hotend moves towards x/y/z max endstops and successfully homes. When subsequently running G29 however, nothing happens. As in, no movement, no errors: nothing. If I attempt to enable bed levelling through LCD input on the machine rather than Pronterface, it completes a G28 command (homes back to max endstops). I've tried playing around with the endstop enabled/disabled pull-ups in config, and also checking logic inversions etc, but nothing seems to work? I've checked running M119 to find endstop trigger status before running G29 and this is the result:

x_max: TRIGGERED
y_max: TRIGGERED
z_min: open
z_max: TRIGGERED

Which is exactly what it should be prior to an auto-level command, no? I had this problem before in historic versions of Marlin and remember solving it by enabling some method, along the lines of "ENABLE_AUTO_BED_LEVELLING", but in 1.1.8 cannot seem to find such a method in the config file. I've uploaded mine in case there is anything glaringly wrong. Yeah, any ideas?
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (70.8 KB)
Re: Issue with auto bed levelling
May 03, 2018 09:00PM
With the nozzle in the middle of the bed and 50mm off the bed... Nothing should be 'Triggered' when you do a M119.

Please verify that is the case prior to us continuing with the debug...
Re: Issue with auto bed levelling
May 04, 2018 05:46AM
Sorry, did I somehow say that triggered endstops are given when the nozzle is in the centre of the bed? I mean technically yes the nozzle is azimuthally parallel and directly above the centre of the bed after homing, but it's misleading to say 'middle of the bed' as that seems to imply the hotend is at z = 0/in superficial contact with the bed? This is not the case when the x/y/z max endstops are triggered. M119 returns triggered (x/y/z max) endstops post homing. I.e. when the sliders of each set of arms supporting the hotend, for each tower, physically contacts the endstop at its maximal height, and well, triggers it... I'm 100% certain this is normal behaviour for a Delta printer. And I can't seem to find any reference to a length scale of 50 mm...?

I hope that makes things simpler for you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login