Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

X, Y and Z axis not assigned

Posted by Volume3k 
X, Y and Z axis not assigned
May 04, 2018 04:13AM
Hi all. I have had a string of problems trying to get my GT2560 and Geeetech Aluminium Prusa i3 working but have gotten so close. I found someone who had the same config as mine but with custom firmware here >[www.geeetech.com]

The problem is, they have BLTouch enabled and I don't have that. If I upload the firmware anyway, it looks like its running fine but the x axis controlls the z axis and the y seems to be the only control that is working.

It's mentioned to comment out the touch part of the code but all I get are errors when trying to compile again! Maybe this is interfering with the pins??

This is the firmware I downloaded: [www.geeetech.com]

I'm using the latest Arduino IDE on Windows 10 (Version 1 did not want to compile at all).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2018 04:14AM by Volume3k.
Re: X, Y and Z axis not assigned
May 04, 2018 05:26AM
The firmware you linked has a ultimaker board defined in the config.h, i think this has a totally different pinout than a GT2560.
May 05, 2018 04:01AM
So the boards.h I have does not include GT2560. The newer version of Marlin does however, so I copied over boards.h from there and the pins file for my GT2560.

I changed the motherboard to GT2560 in config.h file but now when I go to compile it says;

* Require some kind of probe for bed leveling and probe testing
*/
#if HAS_ABL
#if ENABLED(AUTO_BED_LEVELING_UBL)
#error "Unified Bed Leveling requires a probe: FIX_MOUNTED_PROBE, BLTOUCH, SOLENOID_PROBE, Z_PROBE_ALLEN_KEY, Z_PROBE_SLED, or Z Servo."
#else
#error "Auto Bed Leveling requires one of these: PROBE_MANUALLY, FIX_MOUNTED_PROBE, BLTOUCH, SOLENOID_PROBE, Z_PROBE_ALLEN_KEY, Z_PROBE_SLED, or a Z Servo."
#endif
#endif

The original poster said to comment out BLtouch if not using but every time I try this it doesn't work. There's plenty of youtube videos on how to get BLtouch working but can't disable it in the code I don't use auto bed leveling?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2018 04:05AM by Volume3k.
May 05, 2018 04:46AM
I have solved this problem by finding another firmware, the 1.1.8 firmware now uploads to the board fine. Thanks for helping anyway.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login