Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hotend setup

Posted by pawpaw 
Hotend setup
May 28, 2018 10:07PM
Hi, I am trying to connect a E3D V6 Extruder J-head Hotend to a MKS GEN V1.4. I have my problem is that when I use the command M105, I get a temperature reading of 355oC for room temperature. When changing #define TEMP_SENSOR_0 from 1 to several different values like 2,3... , I get even strange values in the range of 700 to 800oC. If I try to set the temperature using M104, I immediately get an error saying that the temperature exceeded the maximum. If I change #define HEATER_0_MAXTEMP from 275 to, say, 1275, I don't get the error message immediately. However, after a few seconds a different error message comes and shuts down the board.
I think I am missing something obvious here. Could anyone please point me in the right direction? Thanks,
Matheus
Re: Hotend setup
May 28, 2018 11:57PM
reading that high normally indicate that the thermistor wires are shorted together somewhere. Normally at the hot end, often by the thermistor retaining screw.
Re: Hotend setup
May 28, 2018 11:58PM
Well the V6 uses a semitec (Marlin option 5) thermistor with a max temp setting of 285C, but since they've switched to cartridge type, are you sure you ordered the thermistor version and not the PT-100 version? (they're very similar looking).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login