Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extruder stutters and doesn't turn

Posted by Nicoolai 
Extruder stutters and doesn't turn
June 02, 2018 04:06AM
Hi guys,
I've replaced my printers board with a RAMP 1.4 and Marlin 1.1.8.
I've put the TMC2130 drivers on, on all axis (including extruder).

Everything seem to be working, except my extruder.
When I run it, in both directions, it simply stutters for the duration of the extrude but doesn't move backwards or forwards. Just back and forth, over and over. This happens without filament in it, so it's not due to any clogs.

I've tried adjusting the current to the extruder, with M906 Exxx all the way from 500 to 1600, with no changes. I am running 800 on all the other drivers.

I'm posting this in the Marlin forum as I have a feeling it is a misconfiguration by me, somewhere in the firmware, but I have no clue where to look.
I've also tried to adjust axis relative modes on the extruder, with no change.

So does this sound familiar to anyone?
Re: Extruder stutters and doesn't turn
June 02, 2018 05:18PM
What are your steps/mm for the extruder in the configuration file?

Are you taking into consideration the changes in native usteps?

Double checked your electrical connections? What about wiring? Are you pairs rights? If it wall all working fine then it wouldn't apply but if you have a break in a wire somewhere, it could mimic bad wiring.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2018 05:20PM by sinned.
Re: Extruder stutters and doesn't turn
June 07, 2018 02:51PM
sinned
What are your steps/mm for the extruder in the configuration file?

Are you taking into consideration the changes in native usteps?

Double checked your electrical connections? What about wiring? Are you pairs rights? If it wall all working fine then it wouldn't apply but if you have a break in a wire somewhere, it could mimic bad wiring.
I checked the wiring and it was fine. But your talk about mimicing bad wiring made me try to replace the stepper driver. That worked. I guess I broke the driver.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login