Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

G29 - Autoleveling for Tool Changing

Posted by 3dprinting01 
G29 - Autoleveling for Tool Changing
June 14, 2018 04:45AM
Hello,

I'm using Marlin on a custom FDM printer running on an MKS 1.4 board, slicing with Simplify 3d.

The printer has 3 different heads, so I can change between materials/nozzle sizes.

The tools have different z-offsets, this is down to different designs for each head (one has direct drive for flexible filaments, the others have bowdens).

The only way I found to set the z-offset is to add a couple of lines in the toolchange script after picking up the tool as below (yer I know 36mm is alot of offset, but it works!):

; Set z Offset
{IF NEWTOOL=0}G1 Z36.1 F5000 ;
{IF NEWTOOL=0}G92 Z0 ; set as Z0

The problem I run into is with the G29 bed leveling command. Everything works fine until I add in the couple of lines above, when I presume the fw thinks 'Well I know the actual bed is 36mm away!' (even though the nozzle is right at the bed) and the leveling doesn't function during the print.

If I remove the 2 lines of script above (and don't allow it to actually pick up the tool to prevent a crash) the Z axis happily adjusts away during the print.

So my question is whether it's possible to override this? So having done a G29, picked up the tool and set the correct offset, the bed leveling treats this new offset as though the nozzle is at 0.

Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login