Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin M4/M5 Laser commands functional?

Posted by CdRsKuLL 
Marlin M4/M5 Laser commands functional?
July 17, 2018 04:37AM
Morning all,

Just bought a laser to add to my JGAurora A5. I've been looking through the firmware and from reading I need to change the Fan D9 to D44, but I then noticed this was already assigned now to //#define SPINDLE_LASER_ENABLE.

SO.. my question is

If I uncomment this in the Config Advance code will I be able to use both the printer as a standard 3d Printer AND also a laser engraver? If so, what settings should I really change in the below bit? The laser only has a single TTL input 0v-5v so I'm guessing this is 0 to 100% output.

#define SPINDLE_LASER_ENABLE_INVERT false // set to "true" if the on/off function is reversed
#define SPINDLE_LASER_PWM true // set to true if your controller supports setting the speed/power
#define SPINDLE_LASER_PWM_INVERT true // set to "true" if the speed/power goes up when you want it to go slower
#define SPINDLE_LASER_POWERUP_DELAY 5000 // delay in milliseconds to allow the spindle/laser to come up to speed/power
#define SPINDLE_LASER_POWERDOWN_DELAY 5000 // delay in milliseconds to allow the spindle to stop
#define SPINDLE_DIR_CHANGE true // set to true if your spindle controller supports changing spindle direction
#define SPINDLE_INVERT_DIR false
#define SPINDLE_STOP_ON_DIR_CHANGE true // set to true if Marlin should stop the spindle before changing rotation direction

#define SPEED_POWER_SLOPE 118.4
#define SPEED_POWER_INTERCEPT 0
#define SPEED_POWER_MIN 5000
#define SPEED_POWER_MAX 30000 // SuperPID router controller 0 - 30,000 RPM

//#define SPEED_POWER_SLOPE 0.3922
//#define SPEED_POWER_INTERCEPT 0
//#define SPEED_POWER_MIN 10
//#define SPEED_POWER_MAX 100 // 0-100%

As I'm using a laser I guess I don't need the 5-second spin up time either?

Any help would be most grateful.

Thanks,

Steve
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login