Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New 2 marlin - 2 main problems

Posted by Tinchus 
New 2 marlin - 2 main problems
August 07, 2018 04:47PM
Hi. I decided to move to marling, I have been useing repetier firmware but I just read marlin 1.1.9 features and... there are many really cool!
Everything is working now, even manual autoleveling! (it is a really cool feature, till my probe arrives smiling smiley )
But I have not been able to make 2 "basic" things to work: the sd card and the reset button in the LCD controller.
Since both "problems" are in the same place (smart reprap lcd controller) may be the problem is in the config of this lcd?
I have atached my configuration.h file. My board is a standar arduino mega 2560 with a ramps 1.4 board. I have declared them as motherboard 43 in the configuration, ad the lcd controller it is already there as first option.
IF I press the reset buttom, nothing happens. And about the sd card: im useing the same card as with repetier firmware, so I can say it is working and it is the same hardaware so the sd card reader is working too . The sd card is an 8GB lexar SDHC (speed 10), it has been formated with sdformat tool. It is not partioned (as I said, was working with repetier as it is now). When the printer starts, I get a SD init fail message in the log. M21 gets the same message
ANy help will be perciated, thanks in advance
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.zip (23.2 KB)
Re: New 2 marlin - 2 main problems
August 08, 2018 09:13AM
For the SD, try an other card, also have a look at the SPI speed. in config.h

"A comical prototype doesn't mean a dumb idea is possible" (Thunderf00t)
August 08, 2018 09:23AM
Your board definition should be

#define MOTHERBOARD BOARD_RAMPS_14_EFB
August 08, 2018 11:50AM
obewan
Your board definition should be

#define MOTHERBOARD BOARD_RAMPS_14_EFB

He defined the motherboard as 43 which is BOARD_RAMPS_14_EFB

"A comical prototype doesn't mean a dumb idea is possible" (Thunderf00t)
August 08, 2018 02:53PM
Obewan, I use 43, should be the same, and it is shorter than writing all that long name lol
about the card and reset buttom: I cant explain it, and I really cant find a logical reason for this, BUT IT WORKS: looking the lcd from the back, there are 2 ribbon cables, 2 conectors. I saw the one on the right, and it was fliped over compared to its conection on the board, so I corrected this. I turned on the printer, I put the sd card and VOALA! it works now. I can read the card, and the rest buttom is working too. There are 2 weird things now:

1.- if the sd car is on the slot before turning on the printer, the card wont work when I turn it on. I have tried this useing different card: from an old 500MB card, 1gb, 2gb and this one 8GB card. All show the same behaviour: I have to turn on the printer with no card on it. So, anything I can do here about this? I have read a super cool feature about marling haveing this new feature : restore a print after a power failure, and this feature needs a sd card.

2: reset butom works now. IF I press it, i get a "KILLED PRINTER HALTED Please reset" message, and then the buttom does nothing else. Can I change this behaviour, like getting a complete reset? because now the only way to reset the printer is to turn it off?

Thanks in advance for the help!
August 08, 2018 05:54PM
Tinchus
2: reset butom works now. IF I press it, i get a "KILLED PRINTER HALTED Please reset" message, and then the buttom does nothing else. Can I change this behaviour, like getting a complete reset? because now the only way to reset the printer is to turn it off?

Unfortunately this can't be changed. However, if you can reach the reset button on the edge of your RAMPS board you can push that to reset everything without having to power cycle the printer.
September 10, 2018 04:02PM
Hi!

I soldered a two-wire-cable to the reset button at the RAMPS (could be done to the Arduino as well) and put a flat push-button on the other cable's end. I glued the button just beside the Stop-Button on the LCD. So I can stop and reset the printer now from the LCD. ;-)

I also made a change to the Arduino itself to disable the soft-reset during a serial connection via USB:
I truncated the REST-EN pad and soldered also a two-wire-cable leading to an on/off-switch which I placed on the front of the Printer-Box. Now I can switch the arduino to "PROG" or "RUN"-mode

Cheers

Knut
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login