Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin 1.1.9 and Ramps 1.6

Posted by john40131 
Marlin 1.1.9 and Ramps 1.6
August 15, 2018 08:50AM
Hi,

Thanks for letting me join the group.
I want to use a Ramps 1.6 board when I build my second printer, question is Marlin only seems to list Ramps 1.4 board in the boards tab, can I still use the 1.6 with the 1.4 settings.

Regards John
Re: Marlin 1.1.9 and Ramps 1.6
August 15, 2018 09:22AM
anything over 1.4 (at this time) is Chinese marketing for their closed source derivative.

Luckily so far they all seem to be ramps 1.4 compatible.

So just set it to ramps 1.4

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2018 09:32AM by Dust.
August 23, 2018 01:54PM
We are running this setup on our nearly gutted and rebuilt Cubex Duo and we have been unable to flash Marlin successfully. The power works to the Mega and the Ramps 1.6. The LCD lights up and when we upload Marlin, it says it compiles just fine. However, we get nothing that is obvious. Several red LEDs are lite on the board now, not sure what any of it means. The same Marlin setup is on our FT5-R2 and we just flashed it last night to be sure it worked in the current configuration... Gold! it seems to be not working with the Ramps 1.6. thoughts?
September 19, 2018 11:14PM
I have problem with ramps 1.6 and MEGA 2560 all stepper motors not move. I though that marlin for Ramps1.4 fit to Ramps 1.6. But All times figure out and not works. I contaced to BIQU RAMPS 1.6 and they gave me marlin for Ramps 1.6. And I uploaded it to Mega 2560. There a lot of errors. I think that they did not check for any 3D printer. They check their own 3d printer. What parts you have and fix in marlin will work or I do not know. BUT ONE PROBLEM about wires of stepper motor there not explain about wires(like 2B2A1A1cool smiley.
September 20, 2018 12:50AM
1,6 is identical software to 1.4, so their own firmware will not change anything

motor not moving is normally one of many things

1) no 12v to the 12v 5amp connector (main power)
2) endstops not connected, or not working correctly
3) stepper motors not wired correctly
4) vref not set
5) microstepping jumpers not installed
6) dead board
7) no stepper driver modules
8) stepper driver modules plugged in backwards
9) Incorrect motherboard set in firmware

So you see you have a lot to check.

1) check you have powered it correctly and the power supply is on and providing 12v.
2) check endstop status by sending M119 to the controller, if they don't report open when not triggered, it wont move in that direction.
3) the connectors on the ramps are 2B 2A, this is the first coil, 1A 1B, this is the second coil. The labeling is from the stepper driver

4) Depends on your stepper driver modules. What do you have? Picture?
5) under each stepper driver modules is 6 pins for 3 jumpers, most should have all 3 jumpers on it
6) run the ramps test firmware to check [reprap.org] (moves all motors, turn on all mosfets)
7) you need stepper drivers modules installed
8) they need to be in the correct way... do not use the silver pot as a visual reference. As different models have it at different ends of the module.
9) set motherboard in configuration.h "#define MOTHERBOARD BOARD_RAMPS_14_EFB"

NB E axis will not move until hot end is heated... so do not start with testing that.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2018 04:55AM by Dust.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login