Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pronterface won't connect to RAMPS 1.4

Posted by vegetable 
Pronterface won't connect to RAMPS 1.4
August 18, 2018 12:21PM
I have been having trouble getting Pronterface to connect to my RAMPS 1.4/Arduino Mega. When I try to connect, the monitor just says "connecting...", and when I unplug my board, I get the following error:

[ERROR] Can't read from printer (disconnected?) (SerialException): call to ClearCommError failed
[ERROR] Can't write to printer (disconnected?) (SerialException): WriteFile failed (WindowsError(22, 'The device does not recognize the command.'))
[ERROR] Can't read from printer (disconnected?) (SerialException): call to ClearCommError failed
[ERROR] Can't write to printer (disconnected?) (SerialException): WriteFile failed (WindowsError(22, 'The device does not recognize the command.'))
[ERROR] Aborting connection attempt after 4 failed writes.

I have made sure that Pronterface and Marlin are using the same baudrate and serial port, and that the Arduino IDE is closed when I try to connect.
I have bought a brand new Arduino and Ramps board, still doesn't work.

Here is my config:
https://pastebin.com/zDemtR2B
Re: Pronterface won't connect to RAMPS 1.4
August 18, 2018 01:53PM
Have seen that the serial baud rate should be

#define BAUDRATE 115200

Quote from here
[reprap.org]

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
August 18, 2018 02:33PM
Just changed it, still no luck. Does the board need to be connected to the power supply in order to connect?
August 19, 2018 01:59AM
Usb power is enough to talk to it
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login