Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Unified Bed Leveling - border mesh points??

Posted by nuroo 
Unified Bed Leveling - border mesh points??
September 01, 2018 04:18PM
Using Marlin 1.1.9
#define DELTA_CALIBRATION_RADIUS 90.00 // mm
// Set the steprate for papertest probing
#define PROBE_MANUALLY_STEP 0.05 // mm
#endif

// Print surface diameter/2 minus unreachable space (avoid collisions with vertical towers).
#define DELTA_PRINTABLE_RADIUS 96.0 // mm

#define X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 10 // X offset: -left +right [of the nozzle]
#define Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 38 // Y offset: -front +behind [the nozzle]
#define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 0 // Z offset: -below +above [the nozzle]

// Certain types of probes need to stay away from edges
#define MIN_PROBE_EDGE 1

//===========================================================================
//========================= Unified Bed Leveling ============================
//===========================================================================

//#define MESH_EDIT_GFX_OVERLAY // Display a graphics overlay while editing the mesh

#define MESH_INSET 0 // Set Mesh bounds as an inset region of the bed
#define GRID_MAX_POINTS_X 10 // Don't use more than 15 points per axis, implementation limited.
#define GRID_MAX_POINTS_Y GRID_MAX_POINTS_X

//#define UBL_MESH_EDIT_MOVES_Z // Sophisticated users prefer no movement of nozzle
#define UBL_SAVE_ACTIVE_ON_M500 // Save the currently active mesh in the current slot on M500

//#define UBL_Z_RAISE_WHEN_OFF_MESH 2.5 // When the nozzle is off the mesh, this value is used
// as the Z-Height correction value.

#elif ENABLED(MESH_BED_LEVELING)

[marlinfw.org]

"For delta printers the situation is similar. It is necessary to have grid points defined that can be filled covering the entirety of DELTA_PRINTABLE_RADIUS, but there should also be a ‘border’ of valid mesh points that lie just outside the printable radius. This ensures that every grid cell within the printable radius will have all four of its corners defined.

So however bed size and printable radius are defined, make sure that your mesh grid is defined so that a full circle of ‘extra’ mesh points lie outside of the printable radius."

I need help with the above statement. How to I define a mesh bigger then my printable radius??
I cant understand how to do what it says above -> All parameters are tied to printable radius. So how do I make mesh bigger than printable radius. I can make the mesh inset for UBL 0, but that only makes mesh size equal to printable radius, not bigger, no editable points beyond printable radius. So how I get those editable points outside print area??

Please help, must be something simple I dont understand. The borders of the print area need help. There are two area's in the photo below that need help, for now i just keep editing the mesh points higher until nozzle doesn't hit and i get a nice squish. I need to create more outer mesh points.

I understand I have to define a mesh points outside of printable area:
How? Which parameter?

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2018 01:15PM by nuroo.
Re: Unified Bed Leveling - border mesh points??
September 03, 2018 01:42PM
I found this in configuration_adj.h:
// @section leveling

#if ENABLED(MESH_BED_LEVELING) || ENABLED(AUTO_BED_LEVELING_UBL)
// Override the mesh area if the automatic (max) area is too large
//#define MESH_MIN_X MESH_INSET
//#define MESH_MIN_Y MESH_INSET
//#define MESH_MAX_X X_BED_SIZE - (MESH_INSET)
//#define MESH_MAX_Y Y_BED_SIZE - (MESH_INSET)
#endif

This seems like what I need??
I have #define DELTA_PRINTABLE_RADIUS 96.0
In the photo above, the slicer has disc as 190mm, 190/2 = 95. That disc is just about the maximum size I feel comfortable that the bltouch wont collide with a tower to print.

So make the mesh slightly bigger to get editable points for the edges????
#define MESH_MIN_X -5
#define MESH_MIN_Y -5
#define MESH_MAX_X X_BED_SIZE +5
#define MESH_MAX_Y Y_BED_SIZE +5
Good??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2018 01:44PM by nuroo.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login