Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

xy offsets

Posted by RC-CnC 
xy offsets
September 04, 2018 11:07PM
Marlin 1.1.8

My home is 15mm from edge of bed on x and 8mm from bed on the y
Is there an offset in Marlin for this so when I do mesh bed leveling manually it's above my workarea
Re: xy offsets
September 05, 2018 08:46AM
Yes, set X min and Y min

#define X_MIN_POS -15
#define Y_MIN_POS -8
September 05, 2018 07:38PM
Thankyou

1 more question
Z offset
So right now I have my z min endstop at 0 on the bed, then I adjusted the springs to get .2mm which I've been doing for years.
If I move my endstop let's say 1mm below bed, where would I enter the z offset to get me back to .2mm above the bed. Could I then enable
babystepping which would give me live z movement?
September 05, 2018 10:12PM
I use baby-stepping to assist me in live Z-Offset movement.

This is the main reason I enabled baby-stepping. When I first start the 3D Print I can adjust Z-Offset during the single skirt to make the fine adjustments needed for that perfect first layer.
This is one reason I print the first layer at 32% print speed, it allow me ample time to get this adjustment correct.
Mind you that most of the time auto-bed leveling and the Z-Proximity Sensor Adjustable slide mount set this correctly, but it only takes a few seconds to make that determination.
Then when it is incorrect I am there to make the Z-Offset baby-stepping adjustment, and no wasted print time.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
September 06, 2018 06:38PM
Yes that's the jist.
I have a mechanical endstop for the z axis.
To use this feature though I need it to be 1mm above the end stop after homing
September 06, 2018 10:17PM
Yes! This can be done. When I first setup I manually adjusted the Z-Offset thru LCD Menu, I only had end-stop switches then.
Though I used the line below to raise the Z axis up 10mm
#define Z_CLEARANCE_DEPLOY_PROBE 10

However if you adjust the Z-Offset to far the will cause the Z-End-Stop switch to be forced down (on My T-Slot frame it would force the Z_End-Stop switch to slide down)
This would make me realign the Z-End-Stop Switch and reset the Z-Offset values.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login