Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Start G-Code , in firmware not slicer, does this exists ?

Posted by Bjoern 
Start G-Code , in firmware not slicer, does this exists ?
September 10, 2018 04:16PM
Hi.
i've been wanting to remove my start gcode from the slicer in order to be able to use the same gcode file on multiple printers.
typically i can use the same temps and speeds, but the start up code differs in terms of tool cleaning and nozzle prime position.
So i would like to have the start g-code in firmware and maybe call a Gxxx or Mxxx to activate this start gcode.
that way it's possible to put the homing, probing , move Z, goto Xxx Yxx, extrude , or whatever the needs might be, everytime a print is started.

Does this functionality exist already ?
i've seen the Autostart, but this is only for power up,and requires an SD, and i want it to run every time i start a print (typically from SD)
and there's also the CUSTOM_USER_MENUS , but these have to be activated through the LCD.

Anybody did this already ?
Re: Start G-Code , in firmware not slicer, does this exists ?
September 12, 2018 04:36AM
You might be able to use the M23 gcode, to execute another file, from within the primary gcode file. I am not sure if this will cause any problems though.

But to be able to use M23 from within a gcode file, would allow for the functionality that you request.
Re: Start G-Code , in firmware not slicer, does this exists ?
September 12, 2018 01:05PM
MrAlvin
You might be able to use the M23 gcode, to execute another file, from within the primary gcode file. I am not sure if this will cause any problems though.  

But to be able to use M23 from within a gcode file, would allow for the functionality that you request.
Thanks alot.
Not sure this if i can make this work the way i was thinking but 'll give it a go smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login