Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can not get firmware working for Wanhao Duplicator i3 with RAMPS1.4 and BLTouch

Posted by nexgen91 
Can not get firmware working for Wanhao Duplicator i3 with RAMPS1.4 and BLTouch
September 18, 2018 12:13PM
I have been trying to generate firmware for my printer for two days now, and I am about to start pulling out my hair, very frustrated. I have tried the Marlin config tool, editingn manually in Notepad++, and even resorted to using questionable firmware I have found on Thingiverse and google, and nothing is working, I get random errors while trying to compile the firmware and I am tired of chasing my tail here. I have a Wanhao Duplicator i3 with 200mm (x) by 300mm (y) bed, recently upgraded to RAMPS 1.4 +RepRap Full Graphics LCD (tried to get it working with Repetier but no luck there either) and BLTouch installed. My offsets for the sensor are X: 41mm Y: 46mm and Z: 1mm. I can provide any other info needed.

I am uploading my current configuration here: [www.dropbox.com]
Here is my current Configuration.h via pastebin: [pastebin.com] (I took out SD card support on this, but now my SD slot is not working (duh)) Also my steppers are not moving with this configuration.

My current error appears to have something to do with enabling SD card support (which I am assuming I need) I will paste it below. Can someone please take a look make any corrections needed and give me a version that will work, or at least get me headed in the right direction? Thank you in advance

Current error message via pastebin: [pastebin.com]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2018 01:09PM by nexgen91.
Re: Can not get firmware working for Wanhao Duplicator i3 with RAMPS1.4 and BLTouch
September 18, 2018 12:28PM
Still waiting on zip to upload, Im on a slow connection sad smiley
Re: Can not get firmware working for Wanhao Duplicator i3 with RAMPS1.4 and BLTouch
September 18, 2018 02:10PM
What version of marlin are you using.

SD Card is located in the configuration.h

//#define SDSUPPORT

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
September 18, 2018 03:16PM
I believe it is 1.1.x (I am not at my personal computer at the moment to make sure). When I enable #define SDSUPPORT I get the error message in the pastebin. If I do not enable it, it will compile fine, but then I do not have SD support sad smiley Thank you
September 19, 2018 12:44AM
Don't use Arduino: 1.8.6, its very broken

use Arduino: 1.8.5, Its known to work. (Arduino: 1.8.7 is also out but untested)
September 19, 2018 01:38AM
I tried compiling the files you provided via dropbox. Without and with sdsupport enabled. On 1.8.5 they both seem to compile just fine.
It does indeed seem to be Marlin 1.1.9

To also get your computer to compile you could try out to do a clean up of your Arduino install.

A clean-up can include:

- rename the (windows user)\documents\Arduino\libraries folder.

- delete (or rename) any arduino folders in
--- (windows user)\AppData\Local
--- (windows user)\AppData\Roaming

First time you open Arduino IDE it will create a new and empty (windows user)\documents\Arduino\libraries folder

You may need to place a copy of Newliquidcrystal_135 library in the otherwise libraries folder.
You can get the Newliquidcrystal_135 here: [bitbucket.org]

You may also need a copy of the u8glib library
Get the version that works with Marlin 1.1.9 here: [github.com]

I hope this helps.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2018 01:38AM by MrAlvin.
September 19, 2018 01:55AM
So, I also tried to compile with 1.8.6 - it did not go well :-(

I get the exact error message you mention.

The error is part of a know problem with compiling Marlin firmware on Arduino IDE 1.8.6.
Arduino 1.8.6's, and possibly 1.9-beta's own use of macros, seems to have some kind of conflict with the way Marlin also uses macros.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2018 02:00AM by MrAlvin.
September 19, 2018 07:13AM
Ah, I see others already commented about the version of Arduino.

I just tried to compile your files with Arduino IDE 1.8.7, and the compile now works.. Let's hope the resulting sketch (firmware) also runs as well as usual.
September 19, 2018 11:35AM
Thank you all so much, I was able to get the sketch compiled and uploaded using 1.8.7 (but not 1.8.5 oddly enough). Now have SD support, looks like the only issue now is that M119 command shows z_min as triggered (when it is in the air not touching anything and retracted), I have tweaked the configuration.h and made sure that the following is set:

// Mechanical endstop with COM to ground and NC to Signal uses "false" here (most common setup).
#define X_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Y_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define X_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Y_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Z_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Z_MIN_PROBE_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the probe.

I can deploy and stow the pin using M280 P0 S10 to deploy and M280 P0 S90 to stow, but like I said getting the wrong reply using M119 command. Also just to make sure I have it right, the x and y endstops should show open when they are not being triggered correct? Thanks again

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2018 11:36AM by nexgen91.
September 23, 2018 02:53AM
Dust
Don't use Arduino: 1.8.6, its very broken

use Arduino: 1.8.5, Its known to work. (Arduino: 1.8.7 is also out but untested)

Can confirm 1.8.6 was a problem for me too.

1.8.7 worked fine...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login