Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Temperatures of bed and hot end being set to 0 during run?

Posted by davetech 
Temperatures of bed and hot end being set to 0 during run?
December 17, 2018 11:02AM
while using marlin 1.1.8 I get now and again something setting the bed and hot end to zero this is not detected by the printer, has anybody else had this problem or is there ayway to detect this while printing
Re: Temperatures of bed and hot end being set to 0 during run?
February 01, 2019 10:07AM
davetech
while using marlin 1.1.8 I get now and again something setting the bed and hot end to zero this is not detected by the printer, has anybody else had this problem or is there ayway to detect this while printing

I have just moved my Cartesian printer to 1.1.8 and am having a devil of a time getting the heating system to work reliably.
I often see my reported bed temperature drop to zero during a print, which of course kicks off the "heating failure! Kill()" message and kills the print.
Is that what you are seeing too?

I have been continually fiddling with configuration_adv.h settings with respect to the heater settings. Things have gotten better, but I still get these random heating failures.

DLC

Kits: Folgertech Kossel 2020 upgraded E3Dv6, Anet A8 upgraded E3Dv6, Tevo Tarantula enhanced parts and dual-head, TronXY X5SA Pro(E3DHemera).
Scratch: Large bed Cartesian, exchangeable heads, Linear slide Delta, Maker-Beam XL Micro Delta, 220x220CoreXY.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login