Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin 1.1.8 - MKS Gen 1.4 and TMC 2100

Posted by Credo 
Marlin 1.1.8 - MKS Gen 1.4 and TMC 2100
January 01, 2019 05:57PM
Hello,

I've searched through the forum and can't find anyone who's running into the same issue as me. I've just finished building a CoreXY. Initially, I had an MKS Gen 1.4 with DRV8825's throughout. I wanted to install some TMC 2100's to replace my X/Y Movement, and I'm running into an issue where all my movement's are twice what they should be; 1mm is moving 2mm, 10/20, 100/200, etc.. I've adjusted the steps/mm in the firmware with no change - I've also played with the microstepping jumpers on the board. All with no results. I've closed the solder pads between CFG1 and GND as I wanted to run in spreadcycle mode. I've also tried in stealthchop with the same result..

can anyone offer some insight into why this is happening?

Thank you very much in advance,
~C.
Re: Marlin 1.1.8 - MKS Gen 1.4 and TMC 2100
January 02, 2019 04:09AM
After having changed the steps/mm in the firmware, have reset the values to the (new) defaults and stored them into EEPROM? This can be done via display menu or by sending manually the gcodes M502 followed by M500.

As for the micro stepping changes not having any effect, note that there are some RAMPS boards around which have the jumper pins shorted on the PCB, so that the jumper settings have no effect.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login