Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

X and Y Homing issues

Posted by cevans9921 
X and Y Homing issues
January 06, 2019 07:54PM
I get a "error: printer halted. (kill() called!" Any time I home my machine with X or Y axis. I have just installed a 3D touch auto bed level sensor, ironically it works fine. I was using Sprinter firmware but it dosnt support auto bed level, so thus im stuck using marlin. I used the latest version of marlin and as it did years ago and it gave me nothing but issues, printer wouldnt move or home at all. I used the marlin 1.1x bug fix addition and now every thing is working correctly except X and Y homing cause the machine to throw out the "error: printer halted. (kill() called!" on Repetier Host

When I use the M119 command all Endstops show as open unless triggered, the endstops are working correctly. When I home the X and or Y it will do as it should and stop when it hits the endstop but thats when the errors pop up.

If I home my Z axis it will deploy the probe and come down and touch the bed 2x and no error code. I'm not sure what would cause this to happen only on X and Y but any help would be appreciated I am at my whits end.
Re: X and Y Homing issues
January 07, 2019 04:37AM
I downloaded and tried using printerun to see if any thing different would happen and it does the exact same thing as repetier host, same error. It must be some sort of firmware setting that I'm missing.
January 08, 2019 04:43PM
I am using ramps 1.4 board

I have tried all the variations of marlin that are on their website for download and none of them work correctly for me. both bug fixes work perfect except for the homing issue were it causes the printer to stop responding when X or Y is homed. I dont know if there is some sort of "check homing" setting that could be causing this?

I have tried the configuration.h settings with out the Z probe/ auto bed level settings to see if maybe it was it causing the issue some how but it did not change any thing with or with out the z probe hooked up I still get the same errors so its some thing else I'm missing. I've always had these issues with marlin firmware, I use the most basic 3D printing electronics found online. I don't understand how other people get it working with the same hardware with no issues. If I load Sprinter on to the arduino all the problems go away but then I cant use the auto bed level feature since its not supported in sprinter firmware.
January 08, 2019 05:11PM
Also, I am using optical endstops
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login