Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SD card via USB (SOLVED)

Posted by mdjurfeldt 
SD card via USB (SOLVED)
February 07, 2019 05:31AM
Hi,

I'm a Marlin newbie.

Yesterday, I configured and installed the HEAD of branch bugfix-2.0.x (commit 113af46) on an MKS SGEN v1.0. I used the MKS SBASE configuration for this.

Everything seems to work, except that the MKS SBASE configuration is supposed to expose the SD card of the controller board to the PC via USB. But the USB storage device exposed to the PC says "no media found". The SD card *is* detected by the controller, though, and via gcode commands, I can list its contents.

I used the configuration files under Marlin/src/config/examples/Mks/Sbase/.

Am I not supposed to be able to see the card from the PC? What could be wrong?

Best regards,
Mikael D.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2019 04:43PM by mdjurfeldt.
Re: SD card via USB
February 07, 2019 06:52AM
100Mhz Cortex-M3 MCU-LPC 1768 vs 120Mhz Cortex-M3 MCU-LPC 1769

So its using the wrong HAL and the wrong timings... either of these could cause issues.
February 07, 2019 07:00AM
Dust
100Mhz Cortex-M3 MCU-LPC 1768 vs 120Mhz Cortex-M3 MCU-LPC 1769

So its using the wrong HAL and the wrong timings... either of these could cause issues.

It's true that there are differences in the hardware profiles. But the error doesn't seem to be at the hardware level at all, does it?

The card *does* present a usb storage device to the PC. It's just that that device has no medium. The reason why it doesn't have any medium doesn't seem to be a hardware issue either since the board has no problem reading and writing to the SD card...
February 07, 2019 04:42PM
This turns out to be a misunderstanding on my side. Obviously you can't let two OS:es (Marlin, PC) operate on the same filesystem simultaneously. Therefore, access is exclusive at any point in time, and is given to the PC by sending the gcode M22. If I do that, the PC sees the SD card. Access can be given back to Marlin by sending the gcode M21.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login