Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Compile Marlin 2.0x Bugfix For Archim 2 board

Posted by ZS1FJK 
Compile Marlin 2.0x Bugfix For Archim 2 board
February 09, 2019 04:37PM
Hello everyone.
I am new to the world of compiling custom marlin builds for 3d printers. I have made small mods just tweaking some values and checking this suggested from forums but this is a very new level for me. I have a very basic coding knowledge basically can make sense of what i am reading and what its for. so not completely useless.

I am having troubles compiling the new marlin 2.0.x bug fix for my new archim2 board. My plan is to install it on my Lulzbot taz 6. I have followed the guides best i can and need help. Also watched youtube videos but from what i can see thea people buying the archim board are pros and dont need help.

When compiling the new software can i use Arduino ide or Atom? I am using Arduino 1.9.0 beta at the moment.

I have installed the board drivers and the stepper drivers.
I have configured the configuration.h and configuration_adv.h to the best of my ability.
Alot of what i have done is using the Marlin_TAZ6_SingleExtruder_1.1.5.64_6353ccb which i got from github.

Any advice or even a direction on some reading material that will help is appreciated.

Thank you
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (76.6 KB)
open | download - Configuration_adv.h (85 KB)
open | download - Error Log.txt (729 KB)
open | download - Marlin_TAZ6_SingleExtruder_1.1.5.64_6353ccb.config (9 KB)
Re: Compile Marlin 2.0x Bugfix For Archim 2 board
February 10, 2019 03:19AM
Hello
I downloaded the new marlin and re did everything. Same errors. Also i included the newest files from the lulzbot repository.

These kind of errors only visible when i enable verbose mode.
Error while detecting libraries included by C:\Users\FJK\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_654216\sketch\src\HAL\HAL_DUE\DebugMonitor_Due.cpp

Then these kind or errors are always there

In file included from c:\users\fjk\appdata\local\arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1\lib\gcc\arm-none-eabi\4.8.3\include\stdint.h:9:0,

from C:\Users\FJK\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\ultimachine\hardware\sam\1.6.9-b\system/CMSIS/Device/ATMEL/sam3xa/include/sam3x8e.h:47,

from C:\Users\FJK\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\ultimachine\hardware\sam\1.6.9-b\system/CMSIS/Device/ATMEL/sam3xa/include/sam3xa.h:44,

from C:\Users\FJK\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\ultimachine\hardware\sam\1.6.9-b\system/CMSIS/Device/ATMEL/sam3.h:59,

from C:\Users\FJK\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\ultimachine\hardware\sam\1.6.9-b\system/CMSIS/Device/ATMEL/sam.h:198,

from C:\Users\FJK\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_654216\sketch\src\HAL\HAL_DUE\usb\compiler.h:50,

from C:\Users\FJK\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_654216\sketch\src\HAL\HAL_DUE\usb\conf_usb.h:54,

from C:\Users\FJK\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_654216\sketch\src\HAL\HAL_DUE\usb\usb_task.c:48:

c:\users\fjk\appdata\local\arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1\arm-none-eabi\include\stdint.h:41:1: error: unknown type name '__int8_t'

typedef __int8_t int8_t ;

^
I am stumped as to what im doing wrong here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2019 03:32AM by ZS1FJK.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration_adv.h (85 KB)
open | download - Marlin_TAZ6_SingleExtruder_1.1.9.10_19af161ed.config (9.8 KB)
open | download - Error Log.txt (739.5 KB)
February 10, 2019 04:24AM
your configuration.h first line is

w/**

which is invalid
should be

/**

after that the error messages (and there are still a bunch) but they should be clearer where to look.

eg. #error "FAST_PWM_FAN only supported by 8 bit CPUs."
February 10, 2019 05:19AM
Thank you

SO much makes sense now. HAHA im so noob. I did more digging on the marlin github and see there is a few things that need to be sorted out with this board but i will chip away at these errors now.
Good experience.
February 10, 2019 05:41PM
Dust

Thank you so much man. Just by taking that
w/**
to
/**

I managed to get the marlin to compile.

Most of the errors were due to this setting not being defined

#define MIN_PROBE_EDGE -20

The Lulzbot Taz 6 probes on the outside of the bed on the corner.

I had to make sure i only enable the drivers that the board has. If you enable drivers that don't exist it try's to run the hard ware spi and these drivers are driven from the software spi. (This is how i understand it.)

Had a problem while printing high quality prints over usb. So i followed this guide. [lokspace.eu]

I will attach my config files hope it helps.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration_adv.h (170 KB)
February 11, 2019 02:57PM
Ok one small thing left

After i home the axis the extruder does not lift. I can fix this in the g code i guess but shouldn't the probe lift after homing ?

Im so close smiling bouncing smiley
February 13, 2019 08:31AM
Fixed by enabling.

#define Z_AFTER_PROBING 5.

What pin can i use on GPIO to do the probing with ? Probing is done by making the corners of the bed 0V and when the hot end touches the corner it completes the circuit. Alot like the mechanical limits on the x y and z work just NO not NC contacts. sad smiley

OOPS never mind

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2019 05:12AM by ZS1FJK.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login