Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MANUAL_Y_HOME_POS

Posted by jimboh3 
MANUAL_Y_HOME_POS
February 12, 2019 05:43PM
I am converting a cubex duo with a rumba board and am in final stages of setting up config.
I have steppers set for home 0,0,0 at top rear left.
I have:
MANUAL_Z_HOME_POS set to -3
MANUAL_X_HOME_POS set to 0
MANUAL_Y_HOME_POS set to 0
and when I G28 It homes to X=0, Z=0, Y= -3 (displayed on LCD) and is on all three endstops.
So 0 on z axis is at bed height.
I wanted to do the same with Y by setting MANUAL_Y_HOME_POS set to -25, which would make 0,0, 0 actually on the bed rather than 25mm behind it.
However when I set:
MANUAL_Z_HOME_POS set to -3
MANUAL_X_HOME_POS set to 0
MANUAL_Y_HOME_POS set to -25
It actually homes at 0 on the X axis (on the endstop) and +25mm away from the endstop on the Y. The LCD still shows position as X= 0, Y= 0, Z= -3.
I was expecting it to home at the Y endstop and for the LCD to show X= 0, Y= -25, Z= -3 based on the way the Z works).
So Z and Y Manual_ Home_Pos are behaving differently? Is it a bug or am I misunderstanding the use of these?

I would have been perfectly happy if on G28 the Z had acted in the same manner as the Y by homing on the endstop and then move 3mm down and it being 0,0,0 at that position.

Any ideas?

On a similar point, which would not be an issue if it would home at Z=3mm below endstop is, Is there a way to prevent Y or x movement when Z is below 0 (as per the example above)?

I am happy with Home being off the bed on the Y axis but being being 3mm below the bed on the Z means any Y movement after a home will slam the extruder into the bed.
Re: MANUAL_Y_HOME_POS
February 13, 2019 10:26PM
Never mind. I finally came to my senses and realised that for no reason at all I was trying to set it up to work the same as the CUBEX.
Finally, after too many hours playing around, printed my first test print and am simply amazed at how much better it prints than the standard Cubex. And that is without any fine tuning.
Now I can start printing parts for my next project... A MostlyPrintedCNC. Actually I should finish the cubex conversion project first I suppose.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login