Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help With BLTouch clone Not Responding to gcode Commands?

Posted by rebeltaz 
Help With BLTouch clone Not Responding to gcode Commands?
February 16, 2019 01:04PM
I tried installing a 3DTouch (BLTouch clone) on my Tevo Tarantula with an MKS-Base v1.4 controller running Marlin 1.1.8. When powered up, the sensor cycles the pin in self-test successfully and the blue LED remains on steady. When I execute the gcode commands [M280 P0 Sxxx], however, nothing happens. The two pin connector is plugged into the Z-Min Endstop connector (just like the capacitive sensor I am attempting to replace) and the three wire connected is plugged into (what my diagram shows are) the servo pins D11-GND-5v with the power and ground wires swapped on the sensor connector so that they align properly with the supply voltage pins on the board. I am attaching the Configuration.h file so you can see the changes I made to that, but I followed the instructions given for the BLTouch.

Unsure whether the issue was the sensor, the firmware or the mainboard, I had someone write up a small arduino code that sent random servo commands to the 3DTouch. With the sensor hooked to an arduino, running that code, the pin cycled in and out, so I have to assume that the sensor is OK and that the issue is either my board or the firmware.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2019 06:23PM by rebeltaz.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (65.3 KB)
Re: Help With BLTouch clone Not Responding to gcode Commands?
February 16, 2019 02:32PM
I too was looking into the 3D-Touch and researched and found this link.

The complete BLTouch | 3DTouch guide for Creality printers CR-10s Ender 2 - Ender 3 for Auto Bed Leveling UPDATED

Hope it helps you.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2019 03:16PM by Roberts_Clif.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
February 16, 2019 04:44PM
Try with
M280 P0 Sxxx
February 16, 2019 06:22PM
obewan
Try with
M280 P0 Sxxx

I'm sorry. Sometimes my brain goes faster than my fingers. 280 is what I mean. That is the command(s) that I tried.
February 17, 2019 08:04AM
It is ok, have the same problem.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login