Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dual X Steppers AND dual X carriages

Posted by hmfifty 
Dual X Steppers AND dual X carriages
March 18, 2019 12:15PM
Hello all, I searched the forum for discussion on this topic but didn't find any relevant. I am 'attempting' to upgrade Marlin firmware (1.0) on a Hictop Duale 3 board to latest release available. Besides trying to identify which pins should be used for X2 and E1, I am struggling with the configuration_adv. I believe DUAL_X_CARRIAGE is the best option for my case. I have dual X drivers and dual E drivers. I have had to manually enter many of the variables for X2. I also can't seem to get control through "Motion" menu to move or adjust the X2. I have been looking through anything I can find to try to answer these questions on my own. I'm reaching out to see if anyone has had any experience with this 'unmarked' board, or if someone can point me to some documentation.

Thank you for your time.
Re: Dual X Steppers AND dual X carriages
March 18, 2019 01:54PM
To be clear, the board has the following setup:
2 Z Motors with 1 Steppe Driver and 1 Min_Endstop
1 Y Motor with 1 Stepper Driver and 1 Min_Endstop
2 X Motors with 2 Stepper Drivers and a Min_Endstop for Each carriage (IDEX)
2 E Motors with 2 Stepper Drivers

6 Stepper Drivers in all, with 4 Min_Endstops
March 25, 2019 04:25PM
This sounds very similar to my machine. I built up a small stepper driver circuit using Veroboard to drive my second X carriage
#define X2_ENABLE_PIN 41
#define X2_STEP_PIN 43
#define X2_DIR_PIN 45

However, I warn you that, although dual x used to work in old versions of Marlin, the latest one does not work properly. I’m having problems with the x carriages crashing into each other on tool change.

I use Repetier to control the printer. Provided you’ve set the extrudes to 2 then repetier recognises that you have two print heads. You switch between them by entering T0 or T1 at the command prompt in repetier or by selecting the extruded in the temperature control. When I work out what’s broken and fix it, I’ll post a setup guide.

Using ABSPrusa Mendel Zaphod with Pronterface and slic3r 1.3.0. Printing well with 3mm PLA and ABS through 2 x J Head Mk IV b and Wade Geared Exruders. Controlled using RAMPS1.4 board running Marlin_v1.1.9
March 25, 2019 04:27PM
Just noticed you said you had two C min stops? The end stop nearest X0 is X Min. The one nearest X1 is the X max endstop

Using ABSPrusa Mendel Zaphod with Pronterface and slic3r 1.3.0. Printing well with 3mm PLA and ABS through 2 x J Head Mk IV b and Wade Geared Exruders. Controlled using RAMPS1.4 board running Marlin_v1.1.9
April 06, 2019 11:03AM
I have been test on my board for marlin1.1.9,when you defined "dual z"and"dual x carraige",then the motor on x3 pro was {X,Y,Z,EO,E1,X2,Z2,none},but not the {X,Y,Z,X2,Z2,E0,E1,none} .
April 06, 2019 02:41PM
I have upgraded two Hictop 3D personal 3D Printers thru the Marlin 1.x,x to Marlin 2.0.x firmware and dozens of forum users 3D Printers

Though Have never seen any firmware on any Printer from Hictop past 3DP18.
Firmware for the HICTOP DUALE 3, is not even seen in the section to download firmware.
Is there a Location in the documentation for firmware download where one can take a look.

If you have opened the controller box could you show an Image of the controller.
Is this your video.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2019 03:42PM by Roberts_Clif.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
April 06, 2019 03:25PM
If you have already started to change the firmware then this too would come in handy foe us to help you.

I have requested the Original Firmware from Hictop for the HICTOP DUALE 3 IDEX

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2019 04:27PM by Roberts_Clif.

April 09, 2019 09:48AM
Contacted Hictop they sent me an Original Hex file for HICTOP Dual3 and D3 pro.

This is not quite what I requested though will post a link to my Google Drive
[drive.google.com]

Dear Clif,

Here is the firmware for you.

Best regards, Jasmine

HIC Technology Co., Ltd.
Tel: 86-755-23042886
Cell phone: +86 18675533847
Facebook Group: [www.facebook.com]

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2019 11:17AM by Roberts_Clif.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login