Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z axis problem in printing

Posted by nahuelb 
Z axis problem in printing
March 24, 2019 08:41AM
Hi, im new in this forum.

Im having a problem with my 3D printer, in the Z axis.
Everething works well. when i do the homing everything works well, in the LCD when i move the axis works well, but when i try to print the z axis insted going up, goes down and press the heated bed and press down the end stop like doesnt exist
i need help i don't know what to do now , i ajust the current of Z axis and still the same, i try to edit the jerk and velocity and still the same.

I run with a Ramps 1.4, Z Axis with a DRV8825 and 2 nema 17 1.8ยบ , the current of this 2 motors are 0.44mA and i try to give more like 0.50 mA and still the same problem.
im using slicer from repetier host, preconfigured for prusa i3.

I attach my configuration file and a video with the problem.

Video: [youtu.be]

thanks!
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (72.2 KB)
Re: Z axis problem in printing
March 29, 2019 07:51AM
i'm not a 100% familier with Prusa i3 marln settings. here are some things to possibly look at
it would be better to have a video showing the entire machine. all i can see is the left side of machine. i cant make out if using a probe

also you did not mention when after homing if you could move x,y,z either direction.

what model printer do you have? i know you are using prusa i3 configuration
do you have a probe?
if not then add // in front of line #define Z_MIN_PROBE_USES_Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_PIN

is it designed to home z to zero, or to home z to max end stop? i see the z homing switch is at the bottom of printer.
does the manufacture have specific firmware to use?

can you also show the gcode you are using?

also try removing // from line with //#define ENDSTOP_NOISE_FILTER this will prevent the possibility of homing switcih triggering from noise during printer run

also check to see that when printer is homed, that when you raise z, it goes up to top of printer profiled area.

also make sure divisors are set correctly for driver chipset.
[reprap.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2019 07:55AM by jamesdanielv.
Re: Z axis problem in printing
March 29, 2019 08:07AM
When using the Z-Min end-stop it in some cases is required that this line have the same state as Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING

#define Z_MIN_PROBE_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true // set to same logic as "Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING".

// A Fix-Mounted Probe either doesn't deploy or needs manual deployment.
// (e.g., an inductive probe or a nozzle-based probe-switch.)

#define FIX_MOUNTED_PROBE

You may need to change the Z-Axis Stepper direction
#define Z_HOME_DIR -1

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login