Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BLOCK_BUFFER_SIZE was not declared in this scope

Posted by charlieRC 
BLOCK_BUFFER_SIZE was not declared in this scope
April 12, 2019 10:48AM
i am trying to reload Marlin on a newly repaired Mini Rambo controller. Using Marline 1.1 code and Arduino IDE 1.8.9

When I try to compile the firmware, I get an error in Marlin_main.cpp:: "BLOCK_BUFFER_SIZE was not declared in this scope". Can somebody help me to figure out what I need to do to get past this?

I used this board for a couple years with an older version of Marlin firmware that I can no longer find.

Thanks
Re: BLOCK_BUFFER_SIZE was not declared in this scope
April 12, 2019 11:58AM
Have you changed serial port in marlin to something other that 0? If so don't. This is the serial port on the controller not the PC
April 12, 2019 12:46PM
No, the only things I have changed is the motherboard, machine name, thermistors, max heat, and steps per unit. The serial port is still set to 0.

Could there be issues related to the IDE version?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2019 01:01PM by charlieRC.
April 12, 2019 10:54PM
how about posting a link to the firmware you are using and the full error message including line numbers?

normally there is something like the following in configuration_adv.h

#if ENABLED(SDSUPPORT)
  #define BLOCK_BUFFER_SIZE 16 // SD,LCD,Buttons take more memory, block buffer needs to be smaller
#else
  #define BLOCK_BUFFER_SIZE 16 // maximize block buffer
#endif
April 13, 2019 11:24AM
Actually, you gave me the answer. In all these years, I have never had to pay attention to configuration_adv, so I didnt think to look in there. Something must have happened when I was editing configuration.h and configuration_adv.h was completely blank. I went back to the zip file, re-installed and re-configured configuration.h and bingo. It compiled fine.

The missing POI for me was that BLOCK_BUFFER_SIZE was suppose to be declared in configuration_adv.h

Thank you very much. You nailed it.

If I haven’t screwed it up yet, I’m not thinking hard enough!

CoreXY, Titan Aero, Duet WiFi, custom design and build
Cartesian, E3D v6 hotend, Bondtech QR extruder, custom design and build
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login