Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Auto Bed Levelling in Marlin not raising after probing

Posted by winkste 
Auto Bed Levelling in Marlin not raising after probing
April 16, 2019 11:38PM
Hi.

I'm trying to get auto bed levelling working with my Geeetech I3 Pro B. I'm using the latest Marlin firmware and a capacitive fixed mounted sensor (self-made as replacement of the z min switch). Zero point detection is working probably and also the auto bed levelling is almost running the complete procedure. The only important thing I can't get working is the raising of the Z axis after probing. The probing is always continuing from the last found Z end position. That means for a bed that falls down from probe point 1 to N it would theoretical working. BUT this is never the case and from my understanding after every probing the z axis should raise about 10mm and than move to the next position. also for more than one tries at one probe position I would expect it will raise before next probing.
I have attached my Configuration.h and also a serial plot of the auto bed levelling in debug mode. Thanks to all contributors upfront!
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (70.7 KB)
open | download - g29_debug_log.rtf (19.7 KB)
Re: Auto Bed Levelling in Marlin not raising after probing
April 17, 2019 11:42AM
#define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 2.6 // Z offset: -below +above [the nozzle]

This should be a negative value as the probes 'trigger' point will be below the nozzle.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2019 11:42AM by obewan.
April 17, 2019 01:59PM
The settings that configures that are Z_CLEARANCE_BETWEEN_PROBES and Z_CLEARANCE_MULTI_PROBE (if you have MULTIPLE_PROBING enabled). Those look fine in your configuration, but as obewan suggests it seems very strange that with a capacitive probe you have a positive Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER - that is usually only the case if you are using something like a piezo sensor that uses the nozzle tip to detect the bed.
April 17, 2019 04:40PM
Hi.

Thanks for the fast response. I tested a lot this evening, but without success. I changed the Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER value and experimented a lot also with:

#define Z_CLEARANCE_DEPLOY_PROBE 0 // Z Clearance for Deploy/Stow
#define Z_CLEARANCE_BETWEEN_PROBES 20 // Z Clearance between probe points
#define Z_CLEARANCE_MULTI_PROBE 10 // Z Clearance between multiple probes
#define Z_AFTER_PROBING 0 // Z position after probing is done

All without success. The printer is still not raising between probing and currently after probing it is crashing into the bed and I have to manually turn it off. Please see attached the latest Configuration file and serial log in debug mode.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration_17Apr2019.h (70.7 KB)
open | download - serialLog_17Apr2019.rtf (24.2 KB)
April 18, 2019 02:07AM
Please see attached two Fotos of the mechanical setup itself.
Attachments:
open | download - 2E915D38-5403-4491-90EF-9CA1B4517FA9.jpeg (371.3 KB)
open | download - 36F154F0-8807-40A9-98B4-401B2C646E63.jpeg (581.7 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login