Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

G92 vs bed leveling

Posted by hwurzburg 
G92 vs bed leveling
April 26, 2019 11:11AM
I have a printer with its home position off the bed....most slicers allow you to compensate for that, but apparently Cura does not....so I am told to have start code which repositions the head and then issue G92 to set a new soft origin....

however, does this skew the bed leveling map or will Marlin compensate that map for a new origin after a G92 command?if it skews the map, then can I issue the resposition and G92 and redo the leveling to make it correspond?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2019 11:14AM by hwurzburg.
Re: G92 vs bed leveling
April 26, 2019 02:21PM
If by "home position off the bed" you mean that the X/Y endstops are such that the nozzle is off the bed when they're triggered, the best way to handle this is to set X_MIN_POS and/or Y_MIN_POS to negative values such that the front left corner of the bed is 0, 0. For example, on my AM8 I have X_MIN_POS=-35, Y_MIN_POS=-6. If I home and then do a "G0 X0 Y0" my nozzle ends up at the front left corner of the bed. No need to play around with G92. This also ensures that Z_SAFE_HOMING works correctly putting the sensor in the middle of the bed.
Re: G92 vs bed leveling
April 26, 2019 02:28PM
And to answer your direct question, leveling works in machine space so it doesn't matter whether you've run a G92 or not - the same points will be corrected the same way.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login