Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

After Y-Axis Homing, Arduino reboots

Posted by [email protected] 
After Y-Axis Homing, Arduino reboots
April 28, 2019 06:35AM
Hi there,

I have a problem with my axis homing. When I say "home all" the x-axis homes and after the y-axis homes the Repetier reports the following error:

"09:21:20.348 : Error:Line Number is not Last Line Number+1, Last Line: 0
09:21:20.348 : Resend: 1
09:21:20.379 : Resend: N1 M105*38
09:21:24.068 : N2 G1 X0 F4800*8
09:21:25.544 : N3 G1 X0 F4800*9
09:21:27.143 : N4 G1 X50 F4800*59
09:21:29.654 : Printer reset detected - initializing
"

I have a hypercube evolution CoreXY printer.

My printer previously had no problems but then I upgraded my printer to 24V, previously 12V.

I am running an Arduino ATMega with a Ramps 1.4 board. I have made all the changes needed to make the Ramps 24V compatible and I am powering the Arduino through a stepdown buck converter. I am using a second converter to power the SN04-4 and the fans.
I have tested the voltages where I can and it looked as it should. According to another forum they said it happens because the Arduino is an 8-bit card and I should bring the Microsteps for the DRV8825 (dual z-axis) down to a 1/16th step. Still no cigar.

My x, y and e steppers are driven by A4988 drivers and all are 1/16th step.

I have used M119 to check the triggers and they are OK,

I have now rewired and re-tested my re-wired my system and I still have the Arduino rebooting after each Y-axis homing before it should move to the middle. Sometimes it does the z-axis homing but does not move the hotend to the middle of the build platform, it stays at x=0 and y=0. When I want to redo the homing after the first fail it does nothing with the same fail as above.

Here is my config file for your perusal:

Configuration.h

I am at my ends width here.

I have loaded the latest bugfix, I..e. Marlin-1.1.x

Regards

Nic

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2019 06:40AM by scratchbuild52@gmail.com.
Re: After Y-Axis Homing, Arduino reboots
April 28, 2019 10:03PM
couple of things to try,
Just thru pronterface, home x, y and z separately then home all see if that works,

My feeling is your voltages are dropping and that is why it is re-booting when more current is needed.

Besides modifying the config file have you modified Marlin in any other way?
What version of Marlin are you running?
April 29, 2019 07:01AM
Hi there,

I have tried doing them separately, and once in ten it is working but usually not.

I had bugfix-1.1.x on and then last night tried version 2. I could do a full home but it ignored the z-safe homing and homed z when x=0 and y=0 instead of where x=150 and y=150. I could do a g29 afterwards and looked like it worked perfectly. I only had time to test once will test more tonight.

I have not changed anything in Marlin itself other than the config file.

Regards

Nic
April 29, 2019 07:04AM
Could it have something to do with the changes I made here but I do not think so:

// Set the boundaries for probing (where the probe can reach).
#define LEFT_PROBE_BED_POSITION MIN_PROBE_EDGE
#define RIGHT_PROBE_BED_POSITION (X_BED_SIZE - MIN_PROBE_EDGE ) + X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER
#define FRONT_PROBE_BED_POSITION MIN_PROBE_EDGE + Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER
#define BACK_PROBE_BED_POSITION (Y_BED_SIZE - MIN_PROBE_EDGE)

Regards

Nic
April 29, 2019 12:46PM
I do not believe your above changes should/would cause it to reboot. As a test, comment out the 4 lines above by adding // in front of them. Then try to home a single axis in pronterface. x, y and z should home perfectly 100% of the time in pronterface. If they do not and as you say you did not change anything else, then your problem is not Marlin, but hardware related. Can you post number/spec of the buck converters you used. You need to be sure they are able to supply the required current.

Specifically what changes did you make to Ramps to make it 24V compatible?
April 30, 2019 05:36AM
Hi there,

Made some progress but not much. I went back last night and checked my Marlin version 2 config again. I firstly did put back the original lines from the config for the above lines and the firmware did not compile. I then put these lines back as they always worked. I then discovered that I did not have Z_Safe_Homing enabled, I enabled it and compiled and uploaded it. Low and behold it worked. I tested it three or four times and was satisfied it worked and my homing worked as it should. I then put all the covers back on, ready to print again. I just tested again after the covers were back on and it did not home as it should again. I tried a few moves and nothing. I then compiled it again and uploaded. It worked once again and then went back to stay in the corner. At least it looks like it is not rebooting anymore but it now just stays in the 0 corner.

I am starting to suspect it may be a loose wire or something, I just don't know anymore.

To make the ramps 24V compatible I changed both fuses to 5A blade fuses for cars. My heated bed is a 220V bed so I did not need the high current fuses on the heated bedside of the ramps. I also removed the diode supplying power to the Arduino.

As far as I tested the voltages with my AVO on the ramps outputs, it was all correct. My inductive sensor also supplies 2.7V when not triggered and 0.3V when triggered. I also tested my end stops and inductive sensor several times with M119 and it was correct.

Regards

Nic

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2019 05:38AM by scratchbuild52@gmail.com.
April 30, 2019 10:35PM
Hi There,
I think I found my problem. It is endstop noise. I have read that Marlin made changes to their noise filters and that makes version 1.1.9 and 2.0 much more sensitive to noise. Luckily V2.0 gives you options and I had to disable interrupts and set the noise filter to 2.

That fixed my problem. I am now going to try and fix the source of the noise in the printer to be able to use interrupts again.

Regards

Nic
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login