Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Linear Advance - K calibration

Posted by ushills 
Linear Advance - K calibration
May 17, 2019 08:05AM
Hi, with the standard k calibration print on Marlin, using the calibration g-code generator, I only get extrusions from 0.00 to 0.1, anything beyond up to 2.0 only the slow start prints the rest fails to extrude properly and stick to the bed. Is this correct?

Could I just print from 0.0 to 0.2 in 0.02 steps and get an accurate k value that way, does this sound right.

Calibrating using Suunla PLA+ at 215C, following a bed probe with G29 using 3Dtouch and 0.4 nozzle, everything else is standard and I get good adhering prints with normal prints.
Re: Linear Advance - K calibration
May 17, 2019 04:40PM
My current K factor (direct extruder, PLA, 0.4mm nozzle) is 0.06, so what you're seeing isn't out of the ordinary. At one point I was using 0.18 as the K factor, so don't worry about the number appearing to be too small. Running the test from 0.0 to 0.2 with 0.02 steps is exactly what I did to get the 0.06 value.

Note that if you have S_CURVE_ACCELERATION enabled you won't be able to get a perfect setting but you'll still get better results than with Linear Advance disabled.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login