Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin 2.0.x auto calibration problem manual probing

Posted by julien3d 
Marlin 2.0.x auto calibration problem manual probing
May 18, 2019 05:42PM
Hi, I have built my first 3d printer, a delta of my own design (Kossel variant), and starting the calibration. I have a problem with the auto calibration with marlin 2.0.x. using the PROBE_MANUALLY option and controlling with the LCD. It looks like the steps in the Z axis, as set in PROBE_MANUALLY_STEP, is not applied correctly when turning the knob. For example, I have set a step of 0.05mm. To probe the first point, the head first goes down and stops 1mm above the bed. The LCD indicates 5.000mm and I turn the knob to around 3.400mm. Although visually it seems that it only went down about 1mm to touch the bed. Then I validate, it goes to the next point, but the offset above the bed is then more than 3mm. And it goes on like this, for the third point, it is above 5mm so I can't even go down to touch the bed because I can't go beyond 0mm. It looks like a ratio is applied to the steps per unit. My setting is 1600 on all axis, I have controlled it by displacing the head 10mm on each axis and it is correct. Is this a bug or am I missing a setting ?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login