Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Delta Homing Question

Posted by n9jcv 
Delta Homing Question
June 02, 2019 02:51AM
The G28 homes xyz all together for Deltas. All three move to the top, sequentially and bump the endstops, then they all move to 0,0,0 Correct? So, is there a command that will cause the xyz to go to the max endstop, and just stop there, rather than homing afterwards?

Thanks
Re: Delta Homing Question
June 02, 2019 03:41AM
Would this do the trick?

[reprap.org]

G162 ; home axes to maximum

Just checked out the list for you, you can do that yourself too if you scroll to the top of the page in my link. All gcode is in there smiling smiley

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
June 02, 2019 10:26PM
That would be EXACTLY what I want, but it says it is not available for Marlin. I thought I had already checked the list, but it is possible I missed something. Any other ideas?
June 03, 2019 04:44AM
n9jcv
That would be EXACTLY what I want, but it says it is not available for Marlin. I thought I had already checked the list, but it is possible I missed something. Any other ideas?

Ohhh sorry, I missed that part.. Yes, you're right, that makes it difficult.. Hmm. I wouldn't know any other solution.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
June 20, 2019 12:29PM
No, the effector does not move to [0,0,0] on homing, that's the center of the build plate. The top of the columns is at [0,0,maximum z]. So you want to move the effector to that position, but don't want the printer to think it's been homed? Why not just record that position's coordinates (via M114) and whenever you want to do this, just use G1 ?

If your printer *is* decending to the build plate after homing, then you are using a firmware I'm not familiar with, but there's likely an option to enable/disable that behavior.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2019 12:30PM by Gecko23.
June 20, 2019 10:50PM
As Gecko23 points out, G28, does not move to 0,0,0
If your machine/fw is somehow setup to move to 0,0,0 on a G28, you could try sending a G0 move command like G0 X0 Y0 Z2000 [you need to be in absolute mode ofc], and in theory it should move to the top, and hit the max endstops and stop, thus achieving what you want.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login