Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sanity check: z-min?

Posted by evo85210 
Sanity check: z-min?
June 20, 2019 11:14PM
Just wondering if sanity checks for z-min exists in 1.1.9.

z-min error
my prob be normally closed, only opens when it touches the bed, so before a bed level is executed, check if prob signal is closed.
currently the fw still tries to level even if the prob signal is already open, causing the head to continuously trying to move up even ignoring the max endstops and crashing.
on my stock oem fw, if i try to level with the prob open, it'll beep and display z-min error.
So i'm wondering if this is an feature that is removed since 1.0.0, or something my oem customized?

another side question: is there a easier way to adjust z-height/offset in 1.1.9?
while i can adjust it in the probe z offset setting, I have to know the value beforehand.
on my stock oem fw, when i try to adjust the z-height, the head will actually move the the height displayed, thus i don't need to know the value beforehand, and i can just adjust it on the fly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2019 11:18PM by evo85210.
Re: Sanity check: z-min?
June 20, 2019 11:40PM
I have dual methods for easily getting the nozzle into the correct position.

If after I starting a print it is a little off I can, Use babystepping to nudge the Z-Axis height into position.
I will print with a skirt of 5-10 an while it is printing I can nudge the Z-Axis height into that perfect height.
#define BABYSTEPPING

After the Print finishes I can fine tune the Proxmity sensor height a little using my Proximity Sensor adjustable slide mount using a thumb screw to quickly set the nozzle height.
At first it takes a little getting use too though after time you can see the amount needed to change with baby-stepping, then you can turn the thumb screw to the correct position easily.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2019 07:43AM by Roberts_Clif.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
June 21, 2019 12:47AM
I do have babysetting enabled, tho I don't see any special menu for baby stepping.
Any idea on how to do the prob check before a bed level?
June 21, 2019 07:50AM
The tune menu is only available during Printing or with "M851 Z".

[marlinfw.org]

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login