Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Modify Marlin to work with an old Epson printer driver

Posted by Cuba3d 
Modify Marlin to work with an old Epson printer driver
July 02, 2019 07:54AM
Hi guys, I'm making a printer from scratch with the things I find. Recently I came across some Epson printer drivers and I would like to adapt Marlin to use these drivers. The problem is that first I do not know where to start and second this driver takes a little more work than conventional because it has 12 pins of inputs.
Re: Modify Marlin to work with an old Epson printer driver
July 02, 2019 08:59AM
I would start with trying to find out documentation about these drivers (?) and maybe share with us what type they are so we can give reasonably good advice.

There are a lot of settings you need to set in Marlin so it's worth checking out the Marlin files for the driver type settings where you can see things like signal duration etc since you would manually need to set these.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
July 03, 2019 07:41AM
The driver is LB1847. I'm trying to reduce some logical inputs with hardware. It has 12 input pins. One enable per phase, one pin per phase to indicate which one will work and also four pins per phase that allow you to set the percentage of current flowing through each winding.If I do not do this they would not reach the Arduino pins.confused smiley
July 03, 2019 07:44AM
This is the driver's datasheet
Attachments:
open | download - LB1847-D.PDF (131.6 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login