Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help! Firmware update. Printer unusable.

Posted by dav_c 
Help! Firmware update. Printer unusable.
July 12, 2019 09:07AM
Hi, I’ve finally succeeded to update my tronxy p802ma firmware (from DMYCO) but I’ve run into an issue. Maybe two.

I did film a quick video to better show you what my problem, but basically, on the LCD, my XYZ axis are blinking between 0 and ? and I cannot use any function of the LCD menu also has shown onto the video the sdcard is not reconized.

I’ve downloaded many firmware on the internet and for those which compiled I’am running into the same issue.

It is a melzi 2.0 motherboard with an atmega 1284 chip.

I do love my printer and I need help to make it work again. Please!!!!

At least the fire safety is now active. xD

David.

Video link :
[drive.google.com]
Re: Help! Firmware update. Printer unusable.
July 12, 2019 09:51AM
The blinking is just the machine telling you that the axis has not been homed, so it defaults to position 0 but it doesn't really know where it is,

Don't have a machine with 5 buttons.... vs the normal encoder button. I presume your hitting the middle button to try and select the sub menu?

What did you set as your MOTHERBOARD in configuration.h

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2019 10:04AM by Dust.
July 12, 2019 10:19AM
What firmware did you end up using?

was it this one [github.com]
July 12, 2019 10:21AM
Hello! Thank to try to help me.

1- So the homing shouldn't stop the printer from working normally?
2- I'am hitting the central button to go into the menu and the right one to select the submenu.
3- I used BOARD_MELZI (it compiles) and I've tried BOARD_MELZI_TRONXY (Doesn't compile).

Dust :
I do think I've tried this one and got an compilation error. But I might have used an old version of arduino. I'll tried again tonight.

Edit: I remember now. There no .ino file in this one. So I did try to copy the configuration file into de genuine 1.1.x marlin zip.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2019 10:56AM by dav_c.
July 12, 2019 05:41PM
I don't know if I'am dumb or they change the way the 5 button controller works since marlin 1.0. But I wasn't using the write button.

Feeling dumb but finaly happy.

Thanks!
June 22, 2021 02:57PM
Hey any chance you can pass on your firmware, ive gone and tottaly confused myself going line by line for this dmyco printer……….
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login