need help to use 2.4" TFT LCD with marlin v2.0
July 24, 2019 02:28PM
Hi every one.
I have a 2.4" TFT LCD Shield for arduino Uno and Mega2560. It uses ILI9341 driver .
i searched the marlin pin assignment for RAMPS bud coulden't find any pin assignment for this type of lcd
Is there any way that i can use this LCD in marlin and RAMPS 1.4 for Hypercube 3D printer??
This shield in Aliexpress
Attachments:
open | download - 1.jpg (36.7 KB)
open | download - 2.jpg (42.8 KB)
open | download - 1.jpg (36.7 KB)
Re: need help to use 2.4" TFT LCD with marlin v2.0
July 24, 2019 03:56PM
Try here

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2019 04:02PM by Roberts_Clif.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
July 24, 2019 07:50PM
thank you for your responce
Roberts_Clif
Try here
it seems that if i could manage to connect lcd in spi mode the problem is nearly solved. but wich pins in lcd module are used for spi mode??
The lcd in this page is different from mine. there is nothing printed on my lcd module that shows wich pin is for SPI.
i tried using sd_sck ,sd_do,sd_di , and lcd_cs and lcd_rs as spi _sck,spi_miso, spi_mosi,spi_ss but didnt worked.
July 24, 2019 09:17PM
There is more to adding a new display that you have to consider...

a standard 128x64 display (8192 pixels) is at the limit of a 8 bit controller such as the mega can control while doing other things (if your running a delta even this resolution the refresh rate has to be turned down so it doesn't interfere with machine operations)

your trying to use a 240X320 display ( 76800 pixels) this is 9 time the work for the controller....

I wouldn't even consider trying this on a mega2560

But here is a datasheet for the ILI9341 [cdn-shop.adafruit.com]
July 24, 2019 09:37PM
Dust
There is more to adding a new display that you have to consider...

a standard 128x64 display (8192 pixels) is at the limit of a 8 bit controller such as the mega can control while doing other things (if your running a delta even this resolution the refresh rate has to be turned down so it doesn't interfere with machine operations)

your trying to use a 240X320 display ( 76800 pixels) this is 9 time the work for the controller....

I wouldn't even consider trying this on a mega2560

But here is a datasheet for the ILI9341 [cdn-shop.adafruit.com]
thank you sir.
so you dont suggest using this lcd with mega2560?. am i right?
July 24, 2019 09:50PM
Correct. Use a due or rearm or other 32 bit controllers.
July 25, 2019 04:31PM
Dust
Correct. Use a due or rearm or other 32 bit controllers.
whhat about this one 192*64 GLCD by Crystlafontz
can i use this?
if yes how?
thanks in advance
July 26, 2019 06:47AM
Sorry but you clearly have no idea of the extent of what you are asking...

just getting it going is only half the battle, you then have to redesign all the displays to make use of the higher resolution... (presuming it has enough processing power to do it)

Its not like a operating system... where everything just adjusts to a new screen resolution.

Its know about 20x4 character displays (and a few smaller sizes) and 128x64 pixel displays and that about it.

Anything else you have to change everything that talks to the screen to know about the new sizes.
Possibly this will involve designing new graphics to use the higher resolutions,

Is it doable? yes, if you willing to put a months of work into it.

This may change as 32bit controllers become more common. people will push the hardware harder with larger displays

NB In case this is what is confusing you

The touch tft displays you seen on some printers are mostly not directly connected to the printers controller. they are their own display and firmware and controller that send gcodes to and from the main controller to do the various functions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2019 06:47AM by Dust.
July 26, 2019 08:56AM
Dust
Sorry but you clearly have no idea of the extent of what you are asking...

just getting it going is only half the battle, you then have to redesign all the displays to make use of the higher resolution... (presuming it has enough processing power to do it)

Its not like a operating system... where everything just adjusts to a new screen resolution.

Its know about 20x4 character displays (and a few smaller sizes) and 128x64 pixel displays and that about it.

Anything else you have to change everything that talks to the screen to know about the new sizes.
Possibly this will involve designing new graphics to use the higher resolutions,

Is it doable? yes, if you willing to put a months of work into it.

This may change as 32bit controllers become more common. people will push the hardware harder with larger displays

NB In case this is what is confusing you

The touch tft displays you seen on some printers are mostly not directly connected to the printers controller. they are their own display and firmware and controller that send gcodes to and from the main controller to do the various functions.

Thank you, Dust for your response
Unfortunately for some reasons I had to use what I have. My first option was that TFT LCD, the second one was this 192×64 GLCD, and my last option is a 16×2 character LCD.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login