Marlin Menue request
August 06, 2019 03:09PM
I know I can set up Marlin to use M600 to enable me to change filament and that there is an option in the 'Tune' menu but that is only available during a print.

An option in the 'Prepare' menus to heat the hot end and load/unload filament would be both logical, after all you need filament loaded , and very useful.

I can do it from OctoPi but I'd like it on the printer smiling smiley

As I've setup my offsets and steps in the firmware is there a way of taking them off the menue? I don't want a accidental click messing things up.

There are probably other things on the menus I don't need, so maybe an option to edit the menue?

Regards aamcle
Re: Marlin Menue request
August 07, 2019 01:35PM
What version of Marlin are you using? I have these menu options already using bugfix-2.0.x. I have a Temperature->Preheat PLA->Preheat PLA End to heat the hot end, and then I go to the Change Filament Change menu which has Unload/Change/Load Filament options. You need to enable FILAMENT_LOAD_UNLOAD_GCODES in Configuration_adv.h for these to appear.
August 07, 2019 03:01PM
I'm using 1.1.9 on a 8 bit MKS Gen board.

I have the preheat options, do you know how to change the value of the pre heat pla bed setting?

As I understand it the change/filament/load/unload option on the menu only appears when a print is running.

Atb. Aamcle
August 08, 2019 02:33PM
In bugfix-2.0.x the filament change options are available all the time. From my reading of Configuration.h in the 1.1.x sources it looks like they might be in the Prepare menu if you enable FILAMENT_LOAD_UNLOAD_GCODES.
As for changing the preheat options, look for the section in Configuration.h with the header "// Preheat Constants".
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login