Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Merlin Guru - your help is required please?

Posted by willowMK 
Merlin Guru - your help is required please?
August 07, 2019 03:16PM
I have just completed building my R3 Lite CNC which has turned out to be a really interesting build and, more to the point, a good strong and rigid small CNC (with approx. 12" x12" work area) and is ideal for me as a worktop machine.

I had always intended to make this as what I would term as a 'headless' CNC - in that I wanted to use it rather like I use my 3D printer i.e. load program onto an SD Card, shove it into the SD slot and press 'Start' on the LCD screen and let it do its thing...

I started off with a Ramps 1.4 board which turned out to be a 'dud' and this was replaced by a MKS Gen L V1.0, which is identical config to the Ramps but has the Mega2560 on board.

I researched a lot before eventually coming across a setup by a guy called 'Congmanhtb', (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlOyqca9AqM) who had a small 2418 CNC running Marlin. He graciously provided his Marlin setup as a download which I have been using since finishing my build.

It all works fine with just one exception, I cannot get the spindle control to work via the LCD - nor the coolant pump either for that matter, but as I don't have cooling, that really doesn't matter.

I have purchased what is called a hotbed expansion module - which is just a nice fat MOSFET (HA210N06), which I intend to use as the Spindle Control.

From the Congmanhtb video you can see that he has replaced the 'standard' Mosfet on the Ramps board and the spindle motor he has connects via the D8 connector terminals on the Ramps board.

I tried connecting my MKS setup (with the new HA210N06 Mosfet) in the same way - control wires to the hotbed connector - but I get NOTHING!, no movement from the spindle motor at all.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong here? I thought that would be the right thing to do, there being many videos on youtube doing just as I have tried and they all seem to work fine.

Am I wrong in thinking that this maybe something to do with the Marlin setup not suiting the MKS Gen L V1.0 board but fine on a Ramps only - or could the problem be just tweaking of the Marlin firmware to suit this particular board.

I have attached the config files I am using Configuration.h and Configuration_adv.h as I understand that these are where the problems lie.

Any help from a GURU would be greatly appreciated.

PS. I did try contacting Congmanhtb via email but as I don't speak Vietnamese (and he clearly doesn't speak too much English) I fear there was little chance of a reply!
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (59.3 KB)
open | download - Configuration_adv.h (56.6 KB)
Re: Merlin Guru - your help is required please?
August 07, 2019 08:17PM
I recently built a MPCNC which also uses Marlin 1.1.x and Marlin 2.0.x.

You may find that this firmware is ready to suit your needs.

[www.v1engineering.com]

[www.v1engineering.com]

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
Re: Merlin Guru - your help is required please?
August 08, 2019 04:08AM
Would prefer to stay with the 'Congman' setup as I think it has a better frontend (in my opinion). It really is only the inability to fire up the spindle that is the problem?

Again, any further help on this would be greatly appreciated....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login