Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin 2.0.x delta printer auto bed level issue

Posted by DocSolo 
Marlin 2.0.x delta printer auto bed level issue
August 19, 2019 11:27AM
Hi all,

I'm having an issue trying to calibrare my homebuilt delta printer. I'm using BTT SKR v1.3 with latest Marlin 2.0 firmware. I am including a zip file containing the debug with S247 option and my config files. The way it works at the moment is G28 is partially working, as in: hit the 3 endstops but only does the slow bump on Y and Z axes. Sending the G33 homes the same way, goes down about 60 mm, move toward the Z tower 9 mm, up 5 mm then throws off [ERROR] Errortongue sticking out smileyrobing Failed and stop. It used to work back on 28/07/2019 and 07/08/2019 but I don't take note of the commit ID. I have been building and testing a lot of builds from around those dates without success.

Being a computer tech and geek at large, I try to stay up to date on all software most of the time without issue.

Now, I'm thinking that not every people working on the codebase is using the same code as once in a while it works for me and a lot of time it does not.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance,

DocSolo
Attachments:
open | download - Marlin-bugfix-2.0.x.zip (60.1 KB)
Re: Marlin 2.0.x delta printer auto bed level issue
August 24, 2019 06:04PM
DocSolo
Hi all,

I'm having an issue trying to calibrare my homebuilt delta printer. I'm using BTT SKR v1.3 with latest Marlin 2.0 firmware. I am including a zip file containing the debug with S247 option and my config files. The way it works at the moment is G28 is partially working, as in: hit the 3 endstops but only does the slow bump on Y and Z axes. Sending the G33 homes the same way, goes down about 60 mm, move toward the Z tower 9 mm, up 5 mm then throws off [ERROR] Errortongue sticking out smileyrobing Failed and stop. It used to work back on 28/07/2019 and 07/08/2019 but I don't take note of the commit ID. I have been building and testing a lot of builds from around those dates without success.

Being a computer tech and geek at large, I try to stay up to date on all software most of the time without issue.

Now, I'm thinking that not every people working on the codebase is using the same code as once in a while it works for me and a lot of time it does not.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance,

DocSolo

WTF!!! Anyone out there? It's been 6 months Since my printer is up an running and I haven't printed a thing yet. Any help is welcome.
August 25, 2019 07:07AM
Some are watching. The forum does or does not know how to help you with your configuration needs.

The Forum Users are slowly returning from the last of the summer vacations and are still doing the necessities to get their children back to school.
And though I have three machines running Marlin 2.0.0. I do not have the needed knowledge to assist you with your delima.

Patiently wait! God wiling and the creak don't rise someone with the knowledge will help you configure your Marlin firmware.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2019 11:11AM by Roberts_Clif.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
August 25, 2019 07:28AM
why are you using mixed stepper drivers on delta towers ??

from your configuration.h

#define X_DRIVER_TYPE TMC2100
#define Y_DRIVER_TYPE TMC2100
#define Z_DRIVER_TYPE A4988

I'm not saying this is an issue, but it does seem an odd choice

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2019 07:59AM by Dust.
August 25, 2019 09:51PM
Really sorry about that last comment. I'm very frustrated after 4 months of trying to get my printer actually printing. Naturally I do my own research before posting on any forums but so far, no cigar...
August 26, 2019 07:22AM
Am i mistaken or when you use bi-linear bed leveling don't you need to set these

// Set the boundaries for probing (where the probe can reach).
//#define LEFT_PROBE_BED_POSITION -(DELTA_PRINTABLE_RADIUS - (MIN_PROBE_EDGE))
//#define RIGHT_PROBE_BED_POSITION DELTA_PRINTABLE_RADIUS - (MIN_PROBE_EDGE)
//#define FRONT_PROBE_BED_POSITION -(DELTA_PRINTABLE_RADIUS - (MIN_PROBE_EDGE))
//#define BACK_PROBE_BED_POSITION DELTA_PRINTABLE_RADIUS - (MIN_PROBE_EDGE)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2019 08:58AM by Roberts_Clif.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
August 27, 2019 06:02PM
It depends. I have a 240 mm bed and my rod arm length is 250 mm. When I move the effector past ±80 mm in any direction, the effector tilts I'd say for 0 to 10 degrees up on the far side. So I have my probing radius at 70 mm. But since I cannot do the delta calibration, I cannot print. Back when it was working, the hotend was starting prints about 2 mm above the bed. I searched the many forums to find an explanation or solution to this issue back then but didn't find anything useful.
August 28, 2019 05:12PM
Dust
why are you using mixed stepper drivers on delta towers ??

from your configuration.h

#define X_DRIVER_TYPE TMC2100
#define Y_DRIVER_TYPE TMC2100
#define Z_DRIVER_TYPE A4988

I'm not saying this is an issue, but it does seem an odd choice

Hi Dust,

I finally got my 3rd TMC2100. I'll leave the extruder with A4988 ubtil I find a better one.
September 09, 2019 06:51PM
Hi all,

Finally fixed my issue. I found on the marlin github an issue about slow bump with both MIN and MAX endstop assigned not working. On my printer I have a filament runout sensor connected to XMIN that was causing the issue. Commented out the line #define USE_XMIN_PLUG // Filament runout sensor and delta calibration now almost works. After running it, it looks like the bed is tilting low on the Y side. Probably an effect of the delta arm being a bit too short. I ordered a set 20 mm longer. I'll see how it works.

Thanks anyway for the help.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login