Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin Kimbra 4.3.9 with Nextion 4.3" Issue.

Posted by Eyolon 
Marlin Kimbra 4.3.9 with Nextion 4.3" Issue.
August 20, 2019 08:07AM
Hi there,

I've install the latest marlin kimbra on my 3d printer (own creation). It use a ramps 1.4 and MEGA 2560 R3. I've connected a Nextion 4.3" on serial 2 (D16/D17) and set this on my configuration. Flash with 1.2.0 mk4duo firmware for the screen :

The (big) problem:
-Nothing move when i test the motor control interface
-Nothing happen when i try a GCODE with keyboard screen
-The temperature is false on the main screen
-Nothing happen when i press the SD manager button

BUT
-The bootscreen start correctly
-When i startup a terminal, it show my nextion is connected and i can see it recognize my 4.3"
-When i enter M35 with the firware in the µSD of my ramps, it flash correctly my screen

So i suppose my wiring is correct but i dont know why all of basic functions of the screen (GCODE, move, temp control) stay without effect.

Any idea ? during last 3 days, i've try to debug the firmware but i haven't find something.
Re: Marlin Kimbra 4.3.9 with Nextion 4.3" Issue.
August 20, 2019 09:35AM
Ramps power supply is very weak. I would try a external 5v power supply on the screen and connect the ramps and power supply gnds together

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2019 09:36AM by Dust.
August 20, 2019 09:48AM
true. the nextion work only because i have a raspberry plugged on usb, if not it blinks. But i guess it supply by usb now. Do you think it change something if i supply my screen with the raspberry ?
August 20, 2019 04:23PM
After test, it works as before so it doesn't change something to wired it to 5v of my raspberry pi
August 20, 2019 04:46PM
that's my overall config
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration_Overall.h (58.2 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login