Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin 2.0 Bug Fix X,Y and Z steps/mm only settable to nearest tenth.

Posted by G3DBuilder 
Marlin 2.0 Bug Fix X,Y and Z steps/mm only settable to nearest tenth.
August 20, 2019 12:59PM
Marlin 2.0 Bug Fix and at mega 2560 r3 with ramps 1.4 and Rep Rap disc smart controller.

I went to adjust the steps/mm for the X, Y and Z axis, but Marlin 2.0 only lets me set it to the nearest tenth. With Marlin 1.1.9 I was able to set this to the nearest hundredth. (IE... 100.0 for Marlin 2.0 and 100.00 for Marlin 1.1.9)

I cant seem to find anywhere to change this to match the Marlin 1.1.9

PS these are located in the LCD menu settings. doesn't matter what I put in configuration.h. I cant perform an accurate calibration @ .004" per step.

Has anyone had this issue? is there a fix or am I just missing something?

Thanks,
Re: Marlin 2.0 Bug Fix X,Y and Z steps/mm only settable to nearest tenth.
August 20, 2019 03:07PM
Why is this a problem? Steps/mm should be completely defined by your motor degrees/step, microsteps, teeth on belt pulley and belt pitch. I have not seen any case where X/Y/Z are not an integer number of steps/mm.

If you're chasing a 20mm calibration cube coming out at 20.1mm, STOP! That size differential is probably due to overextrusion or a stretched belt, not a bad steps/mm on X, Y or Z. If you try to adjust the size by changing the X/Y/Z steps you'll have a different size if you print a 40mm cube.
VDX
Re: Marlin 2.0 Bug Fix X,Y and Z steps/mm only settable to nearest tenth.
August 20, 2019 04:16PM
... for high microstepping a tenth is enough ... but with my pastedispensers or ultrasonic cleaner systems with "big" motors it's like 1/4 or 1/8 microstepping -- then hundredth is a must eye rolling smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login