Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cannot invert endstop logic

Posted by kelen87 
Cannot invert endstop logic
September 27, 2019 10:05AM
Hello,

I recently started a CNC project and fried my original board. Ended up purchasing Bigtree Tech SKR V1.3. I was able to configure and upload marlin 2.0 firmware to the board without issue. Initially I sent M119 to check endstops and all are coming back as TRIGGERED. I went back to the firmware and inverted the logic and reuploaded. They are still coming back as triggered. Not sure what I'm missing....
Re: Cannot invert endstop logic
September 27, 2019 11:19AM
Inverting the end-stop is as simple as entering a true or false.

[www.youtube.com]

Please note that installing the end-stop incorrectly onto a controller can cause the controller failure.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2019 11:20AM by Roberts_Clif.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
September 28, 2019 08:34AM
I appreciate the response but thats exactly what i did with no changes in results. Which led me here. As of right now i dont have UART or SPI enabled. Even if i unplug the sensors they are coming back as triggered. If i manually press the sensor, I get the feedback as open. Why wouldnt the logic invert in the firmware?
September 28, 2019 09:42AM
can you post your non inverted and inverted configuration.h to pastebin? (full thing, in case it something else related)

It doesn't make sense that it doesn't work...

Ill chuck it on a SKR V1.3. and see if I can verify what you say.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2019 09:53AM by Dust.
September 28, 2019 01:58PM
I am not sure then, Will keep watching the thread to try an help if I can.!!

I have been troubleshooting Electronics for 50 years and Programming almost as long though the Programming has change more than the electronics repair.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2019 03:55PM by Roberts_Clif.

September 29, 2019 12:43PM
Inverted Logic:

[pastebin.com]

Non-Inverted:

[pastebin.com]

Also I have tried with #define X_max commented out along with other unused axis endstops with the same results.
The 2 h files above have them all uncommented

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2019 01:48PM by kelen87.
September 29, 2019 04:07PM
It appears you are using

#define X_HOME_DIR -1 //Min End-Stop
#define Y_HOME_DIR 1 //Max End-stop
#define Z_HOME_DIR 1 //Max End-stop

What Kind of 3D Printer is it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2019 04:10PM by Roberts_Clif.

September 29, 2019 06:49PM
Himm, a quick test shows its not inverting..

but it also shows that even though you have said X min, Y max,Z max its is only showing min endstops with M119

trying a few things...

EDIT:

Found the issue:
The supplied 128mb sd card is a peace of crap! replace it asap!

After I replaced the sd card all edits and uploads worked as expected. Correct endstops are shown and inverting works.
So basically It never updated the factory provided firmware

also relabel the sd card to "REARM" so it can auto find the sd card for upload. (yes I know it isnt actually a rearm, but that is what the upload script is looking for)
or leave the file FIRMWARE.CUR in the sdcard root directory and the upload script will find that

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2019 12:30AM by Dust.
September 30, 2019 08:19AM
So I had read that the SD was junk so from the get go I replaced it with a 1gb. I reformatted it to FAT32 and had to manually place the firmware to the card. After that i was able to upload through ATOM. Could I have messed up that process?

Thanks for the help!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2019 08:21AM by kelen87.
September 30, 2019 02:50PM
Custom CNC from the ground up.
October 03, 2019 07:26AM
Could someone describe the process of using a new Micro SD card for the SKR V1.3. I read a couple forums, reformatted card to FAT32, drag and dropped the firmware initially then was able to upload via Atom. I have connectivity and it works other than my end stops as mentioned in the previous comments.

Does it need to be formatted and to what?
How do I initially get the firmware to the board? ( I had to drag and drop the first time)
How Do I know i did it all correctly?
October 03, 2019 07:51AM
the sd card is required to be Fat32 filing system

Initially label the sd card to "REARM" then it knows where to put the firmware so you don't have to drag the firmware.bin file anywhere.
After uploading the firmware you eject the sd card from the computer then reboot the controller, on power up it loads the new firmware into the controller and renames it FIRMWARE.CUR (this mean it successfully thinks it loaded the firmware into the controller)

How you know? It works as desired.

Lets back up a bit.

Start a fresh copy of marlin.
In Configuration.h only set MOTHERBOARD BOARD_BIGTREE_SKR_V1_3 and Serial port -1

Unplug all endstops and upload this new firmware.
Connect to the controller and send a M119 this should say TRIGGERED for all endstops (confirm this)

Now in configuration.h invert the X endstop #define X_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true
Make sure configuration.h has been saved and compile and upload the new firmware
Eject the SD card from the computer and reboot the controller.
Check with M119 that X min now says OPEN

If it does not then there is something wrong with your development system or possibly the SD card.

NB I personally used Visual studio code on Ubuntu. I really don't like running MS products, but even Atom itself has now started saying use VScode.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2019 07:52AM by Dust.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login